Chapter one

Although the rest of the city was lit, the alleyway was as dark as the night sky. Standing in the middle of the darkness. Not even shadows ventured down this alley. But just faintly I could make out the running shadows of people wanting to get home and get away from the most haunted alley in New York behinf the busiest street in the city. My alley. Darkness chocked out any lights that dared walk any where near my alley. That is one of my many reasons why I have murdered every single one of my victims since being in New York here. It is, was and always will be my favourite place in New York. Heck the world.

I have been waiting for a while now. I hate waiting. I had received a note telling me that some one- I was unsure who- had a surprise for me. I couldn't be any one I knew for two reasons. If they knew me at all they know that I hate surprise. I hate them with a passion. Reason two they only people who knew me where all dead. Even more tired of waiting I was about to leave when running footsteps echoed towards me. A voice continuously screaming for help while I stood there almost enjoying the sound. I didn't know what was happening but then I realised the screams of my mother that fill my head went away for a brief moment. The scream only disappeared for one reason and I certainly was not this.
Suddenly as the screams stopped and the ones in my head disappeared. Then I heard it. A soft thud like a body falling to the floor. She was dead, but who had killed her? The wailing woman was dead. I walked slowly towards the source of the screams and saw a girl lying there on the ground in a pool of blood with her throat slit. A woman stood over her and a smile broke on my face. This was my surprise and surprised I was. This woman had killed for my pleasure and no one has ever done that for me. I felt butterflies in my stomach and an ache in my chest that stopped when she touched my arm. Her fingers grazed the shape of my arm as she looked up at me and smiled her hands covered in blood.