apple tree

Long ago in a small village. The days seemed short, and not long long enough for a day to really happen. The trees would block most of the sun and only got an hour of sunlight and the rest of the day would be in the shade of the trees. The village was all destroyed on my 17 moons. I was out picking berrys with my brother just on the edge of our village where the sun light is brighter then over the village. On that day we were the last people of our village. My brother who is only one year older then me, became more protective over me and that was no more fun then normal. For I felt as if something was coming and so I hoped to avoid it, so i went to go pick berrys but my brother insisted on coming with and I am glad he did. For if he didn't he too would have been killed. Plus that was the last time I saw my mother alive. I took care of her for she was gavely ill. I would look for certian things that I knew would help her get better but that would not help me now on all of days. My brother Mori became responsible for me and he made it clear that he would keep me safe at all coast. 

Yet I was so sure that I didn't need anyone to look after me and that was what i wanted to prove to Mori at any price. Mori was to stubern to think that I was ready to be on my own now, and until he thought that I was ready he was so sure that I needed him to protect me. Even though I have shown him that I didn't need to be protected but he was just to hard headed to see. 

"Come on Mori, don't you think that I can wash my clothes without being watched at all? Plus you are alway hovering now and it is getting really weird so can you please stop it?" I said tying to push Mori away. Mori was a tall boy with dark brown hair and that he  didn't really talk very much but he did always have a close eye on me and that just bothers me a bit. "Zoey, we have no time the sun is going down and we need to make camp. So come on!" "Mori I will wash my clothes cause I smell so bad! So let me wash them!" I yelled. At that moment Mori picked me up and put me over his shoulder and walked away from the river. I watched as the river faded into the distance. The only source of water now a mile or two away from where we where camping. I made a small fire since a big one will attract someone that we do not want around. The night was cold and windy, and the sky was clear. While Mori slept i stayed up and watched the fire die out and waited for the night to grow colder as the night went on. Nothing moved as the night went on, nothing but the wind blowing the leaves in the trees above. I got so bored sitting there watching the stars and hoping for something to just come along but nothing did. So I got up and ran up to the river to get a drink. When I got back Mori was standing there like I just woke him up. "Oh, Mori did I wake you up? If i did I am so sorry. I got thursty so I went to go get a drink from the river." I said pulling out a small bucket that had berrys in it. Mori said nothing but embrase me. Mori seemed so calm yet his heart was pounding so hard I could feel it. 

A while pasted after I came back and Mori went back to sleep now agents a tree stump. I was laying down with my head on his leg just looking up at the sky. I got to sleep around sun rise and could tell that Mori was carrying me. His hand was so warm against my arm. I woke up to the warm heat on my face from the sun, and i had to go find food since we eat all the berrys. I found an apple tree not to far a head of where we were. When Mori caught up he seemed to look like he just go into a fight and when I looked behind him he was being followed by two boys about the same age as me. "Stay in the tree and stay quite." Mori said handing me the bucket. I watched as Mori ran past the tree and headed into the forest once more. One of the boys continued after him but the other stopped and rested against the tree. He didn't seem to notice me in the tree at all but I sat in that tree thinking he is going to notice a small girl in a tree picking apples. No matter what I do I can not drop an apple. I slowly picked apple after apple until I saw the most red apple that looked so perfect for Mori. So i put the bucket on a strong branch and I tried to reach for the apple. I can say that was the worst mistake I could make in my life. Cause I broke a branch that I was on and I was lucky I was holding onto the thick branch above me. That one brach hit the boy right on the head causing him to look up.