T W E N T Y - O N E

21 already? 

Purote was surrounded by his favorite people, all at the same place and time. He was in heaven. A pure bliss he didn't know he could achieve. He held onto Boss's sleeve to avoid wobbling. He was purposely sweating to cover the smell of sake. He didn't have to hide his urges here, Mrs. Kayama knew he liked to eat. So did Mr. Kayama. So they made quite a lot, along with the other parents in the neighborhood. Boss and all of them talked while he stuffed food into his mouth with ease. He leaned on Boss, taking in the smell of sake and smoke, it was comforting. His teacher smelled of hazelnut coffee, Mrs. Kayama smelled like sour green apples while Mr. Kayama smelled like a blend of curry spices. They all mixed into a strange blend of safe.

He loved it.

"Kid, you better now?" A hand ruffled his hair and he nodded. He felt high. This was too good to be real.

"Are my eyes pretty?" He asked Boss, the code they used to use for 'do I look high' made Boss laugh.

"You're not, you over dramatic fucker"

"He's not what?" Aizawa's voice cut through.

"Not high" Purote stepped on Boss's foot.

"Why would you be high?"

Mr. Kayama answered this time, "Sometimes he'd come around under influence. Claimed it stopped pain. We didn't have the heart to stop him"

"Oh?"

"I stopped when I got into Yuuei" He defended.

"Until now obviously"

" I– We– I didn't– He was–"

"Mr Aiz– Eraserhead," Mineta stepped forward, voice serious, "He probably had a reason for it"

"Go ahead then, give me a reason why I shouldn't give you detention for a week"

"I– I–" He huffed, taking a deep breath. He didn't feel high anymore, just anxious. He kind of wished he was high now. "Dammit. I didn't... I wasn't thinking. I went back to being someone else. I... I didn't mean to make you mad"

"The kid was provoked and was pulled out of what he was trying to do" Boss added.

"Honey..." Mrs. Kayama breathed, she knew he had episodes, but because they weren't there that day, and they were never told, she didn't know.

"I didn't want to upset you, I won't do it again" He sniffled, eyes stinging. He would probably end up doing it again, but he would try not to.

"You haven't told them?" An old voice cut through. They all turned.

It was the man from the night he was passed into the Jade Bats. The father of the kid who'd found him at the Kayama's door.

"Told 'Zawa" He nodded towards his hero teacher.

"Is this about.. "

"My son found Purote on the Kayama doorstep. You two weren't home that night. My son found 'I'm half dead and covered in junk" Purote looked up, squeezing Boss's hand. The man was looking down in regret.

"Junk..? Like... "

"It's fine" Purote smiled at the darkening clouds, "I was paying for something that'd stop everything else... It was worth it"

"That's where you went today isn't it?" Aizawa asked, voice gentle and calm.

Purote held up his shirt after pulling it from Boss, "I forgot my shirt last time. I'm lucky they kept it!"

"It's my fa–" Boss started, only for Purote to stomp on the man's foot.

"Any-fucking-way, " No one laughed, he missed Kaminari. "I believe I have people to see and food to eat. You-" He poked Boss"-are coming with me " Purote dragged the man with him, into the masses of children and adults. Everyone had a flower of some sort. Some even held multiple. 'Purote!' they chanted, 'Purote!' He was crowded, handed so many flowers that Boss had to hold them too. One teen who he'd practically grown up with placed a crown on his head. He was practically glowing with happiness. None of his beloved adults wanted to take that away from him, so the topics weren't brought back up when they finally caught up to him. He never really told anyone, but he absolutely loved flowers. Knew everything about them and had wanted to work at a florist shop before he got into Yuuei. He had missed this block. These people and this atmosphere. He'd give up his soul for it to never change. When it was time to go, long after sunset, he'd already hugged everyone twice at least. He swung back to give the Kayama's and Boss extra long hugs.

As he hugged Boss, he whispered into the man's ear, "I'll come visit again and tell you fuckers 'bout my date"

He then took his flowers from the man's grasp, having given his other bundle to Aizawa.

"See you soon, Boss!" He grinned

"See ya, kid" The man returned. Purote nodded to him and jogged to catch up to his teacher.

"So, is Mic gonna stay over? Because I need to know if I need to cover my ears"

The coffee addict and his partner both blushed.

Word Count: 865

Did y'all know that the songs from Spongebob are in Spotify. Like really??
(I say as I listen to them)

((Grammar and Spelling fixed))