Missed Interpretation - An Odd Introduction

Someone once said: that you do crazy things when you're in love. Though, I can't remember if that 'someone' was a dude wearing a skirt from a Disney movie, or some cheesy blurb off a chick-flick poster. Though, it's not far from the truth. A while back I did something (OK, a few somethingS) that I NORMALLY wouldn't have done (Notice the emphasis on NORMALLY?). And that something (Fine, all THOSE somethingS) was/were done, because of one particular girl. Right about now, you're all thinking, "Oh, this is going to be another typical story where guy meets girl, guy likes girl, happy ever-after, all that jazz." Maybe it is, Maybe it isn't. I'll let you guys decide. But first, let me introduce myself: my name is Johann (YOH-han) Aleksander (ALEX-ander) Fräust (Fre-yust), though my friends call me Jack Frost, because it’s easier to say. Although, the brunt of my story happened when I was in my college freshman days; it kind of began a bit before my high school days. And it all started with a simple game of Truth or Dare.

<Four Years Ago>

            Whenever the game T.O.D. was played and it involved a bunch of fourteen year old boys and girls, you can easily assume that, more or less; the genders would conspire to get one or the other to do something with someone else. This could be anything from having them kiss, to making them do something they may not like (hugging some one of the other gender, or DOING SOMETHING OTHER with someone, of either genders). So it's easy to imagine what our game looked like; 8 rambunctious 14-year-old boys and girls, sitting in an alternating-boy-girl-boy circle, with an empty glass bottle spinning in the middle of it (Note: the bottle was already empty when we got it). We were bored one day, so we all decided to go to Angelique's house for an 'interesting' afternoon. Our rules were simple, we start off easy, and getting more and more interesting as the game got on. And we were pretty well into the game.

            It was Angelique's turn. Giving it a hefty twirl, the bottle spun for what felt like ten minutes, before it stopped, point at Sarrah. Sarrah, Korean girl with pale skin, narrow brown eyes and short black hair kept in loose tail, gasped in anticipation.

            “Truth or dare, Sarrah?” Angie asked with a sly grin creeping on her face.

            “Dare?” Sarrah answered; her voice unsure. The circle was tense; quietly anticipating what Angie was thinking about.

            “I dare you,” Said Angie teasingly, “to give Jonathan, a peck on the cheek.” She said, with a coy grin on her face.

            “Jon?!” Sarrah asked, her face turning red pretty fast.

            “YES! Jon.” Angie answered with a sense of smug finality. Looking across to Jon, Sarrah's face was now redder than a ripe tomato. Jon, American kid with dark blonde hair and hazel eyes, sat there fidgeting not knowing what to do.

            “Umm. Err. OK.” Sarrah stuttered as she stood up and walked across the circle to Jon. Stooping down, she gave Jon one short peck in the cheek, before quickly returning to her spot in the circle, her face flushed.

            “Aw. Look at her! All flustered by one quick peck.” Angie teased Sarrah.

            “Shut up.” Sarrah answered. Without looking, she spun the bottle with such fervour; I actually thought the bottle would fly. It slowly stopped, pointing at me.

            “Oh!” Sarrah said with a mock gasp, “Jack. Truth or dare?”

            “Er. Dare.” I answered.

            “Oh, Finally” Jon said.

            “What do you mean, ‘finally’?” I asked Jon.