Chapter 1: Aria

"He's looking at you again, Spencer!" Hanna almost squealed.

     Toby Cavanaugh being the new waiter in DiMarco's is quite possibly the only reason Emily suggested that we meet in this restaurant in the heart of Pennsylvania. Her latest SOS text had simply been to inform us of our spontaneous trip into town for dinner today, which was satisfying for 3 reasons:

1. Spontaneity is my middle name - or atleast it should be. The feeling of not planning a perfect event and not having it layed out infront of you is a feeling I've missed, especially after the unfurling of recent events this past year and a half. Knowing that there are a people out there, whom as soon as you pop into their head, have an urge to go out and meet you, is incredibly heart-warming. Like seeing baby pandas being adopted, or wearing oversized sweaters that cover your hands, and sipping at latte's on a wintery morning.

2. Dinner is a favourite concept of mine. Sharing love - I mean food - with all of your favourite people is, truly, a blessing, especially when Italian cuisine and Spencer Hastings are added into the equation. She can sit for hours fascinated by the way the collesiums were constructed, the beauty of the canals and how scrumptious one pasta-pizza dish can be. Her intuitive, aspiring manner is rather inspiring to me. But, then again, Spencer's always been one to come prepared with a plan.

3. The text itself read:

             "DI MARCOS. 6PM. MR. CAVANAUGH AWAITS"

    Knowing that this message was an SOS text made me feel like crying of happiness. Now that "A" has given up on us, we have no worry of comstantly being followed. There has been no signs of "A" for 7 months now, which means 7 months free of stress, danger, paranoia. 7 months without my heart skipping a beat, a pulsating sensation in my head and my breath feeling coarse in my throat everytime i recieve and SOS text.

Now, there's none of that.

Therefore, a text like that from Emily satisfied me.

     "You're making a big deal out of nothing Hanna," Spencer whined, but even then she gave Toby a quick glance and blushed when he was already staring.

     Toby Cavanaugh was one of the many mysteries we had to solve here in Rosewood. The dissapearence of Alison DiLaurentis, followed by suspected murder, lead to a whirlwind of secrecy and conspiring between the townsfolk. Of course, we all thought Toby was "A". He was the step-brother of Jenna Marshall, a High school drop-out and evidence did point in his direction. When all of the instinctual charges we dropped, and Toby slowly befriended Emily, we knew we'd gotten it all wrong.

     Summer has just started, which means our camping trip begins a day after tomorrow. A time to "forget, with zero regrets", as Ali used to say. No more "A", no more investigations from Rosewood PD. Just us.

     Which is another, of many, satisfying thought.