Chapter 66

Dorothea let out a genuine laugh, what she didn't know was that her family had overheard from the inside making them halt while some gasped, it felt like a decade since she last spoke and she wasn't just talking, no, she was laughing but they could detect how her laughing tone is somehow filled with sadness.

Dorothea's eyes jump up and down, following Seth's enthusiasm for meeting her. "You're adorable. Has anyone told you that!" / "That's not true! I'm going to be a man one day!" Dorothea pats his head fondly making the wolf calm his bounce to enjoy her touch.

"Man, I can smell them from all the way out here." Seth and Dorothea turn to look at Leah walking out of the forest closer to them, just in time for Jacob to exit Cullen's home. Jacob spoke up, far behind Seth and Dorothea, putting a distance from the vampire exactly, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I'm not gonna let my little brother get himself killed." / "Go away, Leah! I can take care of myself." Dorothea giggles at how he tried to puff out his chest standing tall next to her but still wobbly on his foot.

"That you think so proves you need a babysitter." / "Okay, would the both of you shut up? Did Sam send you?"

"Sam doesn't even know I left." In the forest, the 4 can hear wolves howling, most probably Sam but what shocks them more is when Paul starts running over towards them, crashing Dorothea on the ground with a big grin. "You have no idea how fast I had to run!"

"I think he just figured it out. And it looks like we got Paul now!" Seth started joining Dorothea and Paul wrestling like an excited puppy while Leah talked with Jacob ignoring the 3 rolling on the ground like children.

"Jake. I know what his plan is."

(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)👌

Night hits faster than Dorothea thought, it's been a while but being around Seth and Paul made her misremember time.

The 3 were enjoying themselves too much as if a war isn't appearing between the wolves and vampires. Dorothea didn't even engage with Jacob in talking about Sam's plan along with her family but she did go through the wolf's mind when he got out of the meeting by softly brushing his shoulder, not to catch any suspicion.

Currently, Jacob and Leah are talking to each other a bit far from Dorothea, Paul, and Seth who are laying on the grass while enjoying the night sky filled with stars. The vampire teaches the young wolf about astrology while Paul just persisted in messing with his head with wrong information earning a spank on his chest from Dorothea.

"I know they're out there somewhere, but I can't hear them anymore. It's so quiet." Leah spoke after moving her eyes off her brother to Jacob, "I stopped hearing them, too, the second I decided to leave. It's nice." Jacob sighs peering down at the green grass, "You know you can't stay here."

"But I don't have any place..." / "I can't trust you with the Cullens. You hate them too much. You don't even like me."

"I don't have to. I just have to follow you. Plus, I'm beginning to like the vampy over there." She pointed off to Dorothea who tenderly caresses Seth's hair making him fall asleep while Paul is already out snoring like a log. "Look, Seth doesn't want you here. Neither do I."

"Being unwanted isn't exactly a new thing for me." / "Well, I want you here." The two wolves shift, surprised to notice Dorothea seating between them, she gave Leah a sincere smile assuring her there was no lie in her words.

Leah gave a cold shoulder, not one to show her kindness regularly but did give Dorothea a short and quick grin, thankful for her response, "Look, I'll stay out of your way. I'll do whatever you want, except go back to Sam's pack and be the pathetic ex-girlfriend he can't get away from. You don't know how many times I wished I could imprint on someone. Anyone."

Jacob didn't say anything after that just nods while Dorothea looks up at the sky, in the rim of her eyes she caught Jasper gazing at her. They stare at each other for a while before Dorothea broke the connection and starts a conversation with Leah knowing Jacob is still mad at her after what Edward described to him.

(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)👌

"Your rib is cracked. But there are no splinters. You haven't punctured anything." Carlisle, Bella, and Edward are in the doctor's office checking Bella's health, "Yet." / "Edward." Carlisle gave the boy a warning look before smiling at Bella.

In moments like this, he yearns for Dorothea to be around to make sure Edward stays under control, they are partners while Carlisle checks on the patient she would mostly soothe down the panic or furious guardian. "It's breaking her bones now. It's crushing you from the inside out. Carlisle, tell her what you told me. Tell her!"

"Carlisle, tell me. It's all right." Sighing, thinking about how he should form his words, "The fetus isn't compatible with your body. It's too strong. It won't allow you to get the nutrition you need. It's starving you by the hour. I can't stop it, and I can't slow it down. At this rate, your heart will give out before you can deliver."

"Then I'll hold on as long as I can, and then... " / "Bella. There are some conditions that even venom can't overcome. Do you understand? I'm sorry."

It is clear how scared Bella is but looking down at her stomach but that worry vanished, anything for her child to be while to see the world, it's just sad that she won't be there to witness it. Then an idea came into her head, Dorothea.

The girl knows the answer to everything and Bella hasn't seen her since the family feud. If Dorothea sees her condition then, Bella is positive she can help her. "Then let Dorothea see me."  / "No-"

"Edward, she is your sister. The one who can see the future, she'll know the answers!" Edward scoff, as he spits out his words. "If she wants to! All her answer comes in stupid and nonsense riddles."

Carlisle pondered for a while, he knows Dorothea the longest, she was the first to support his diet, he knows of her past, and he was the one who she opens up to, so he should grasp that Dorothea wouldn't let the baby grow in Bella if it doesn't mean a fortunate ending for Edward.

She loves Edward and would perpetually put his future first. Carlisle started thinking about how dumb he is for not thinking through Dorothea's actions. She would do anything for her family, "She's right. I'll get Emmet to search for her."

"Thank you, Carlisle"