Chapter 68

Jasper isn't concentrating on the chess game one bit, he is too occupied ogling at his wife from the edge. Just by Dorothea's utter existence, Jasper discovers himself falling in love deeper with the vampire. "Hah! This is the first time I'm seeing you lose so easily, Jas!"

Esme's idea appears to be accomplished as everyone started chattering away like they weren't quarreling a few minutes earlier.

Jasper eventually looked down at the chessboard examining his king about to be overthrown by Dean's queen, and he grimaces. Jasper hated the game chest more than anything, he never understood the rules or the concept, Jasper would collapse without flickering an eye, this is where Dorothea would guide him.

Dorothea unlike Jasper, adore her chest. She would fulfill that flaw he ought furthermore to complete him, teaching and guiding him.

Jasper possesses the skill and power in a war, yet in comparison to his mental strength, it was embarrassing, while Dorothea has the remainder to balance him out, together they can make anything plausible.

Jasper had relocated a pawn piece but Dean had easily outkilled it without faltering. He was starting to get irritated over the stupid strategy game. Just when he is about to flip the table, he discerns that in the corner of his eyes that Dorothea is attempting her best to endure her giggles by capping her mouth while eyeing him.

They made brief contact, and she murmurs a sentence before breaking away from the eye communication as zero had occurred, "Knight. E7." Jasper is puzzled at the beginning but when his sights are laid on the chess figures he surmised rapidly, moving his knight, and just like that Dean had lost his prized queen.

"NO! NOO!!! My-My queen!" Dean had dramatically collapsed on the ground in slow motion as he sought his best to shed a tear, this grabbed everyone's attention. Emmet laughed from the pantry while Rose and Alice endured back their laughter.

Meanwhile, Jacob isn't even covering his judgment observation towards Dean who is nevertheless striving his best to weep on the floor. Esme had given Dorothea a look considering she had witnessed the interaction she did with Jasper but the girl didn't take note of it.

Perceiving how the sibling is now behaving like their regular self, Dean is a drama queen, Emmet never misses his time to laugh at him, Rose works her best to not find it funny, and Alice enjoys the scene despite knowing.

Jasper stares at Dorothea's every action like she is a goddess and Dorothea of course giggles at everything and anything like always. Seeing all this, Esme couldn't help but beam looking at them bonding again, she too didn't miss the longing look Edward had yielded to join in the commotion his sibling is performing.

ᕙ('▿')ᕗ

"So, that's the last of it?" They all gather, 'all' as in Esme, Carlisle, Dorothea, and Jacob. Looking at the dry blood bag. Carlisle is dropping on the blood supply that Bella requires, "Bella could deliver as early as tomorrow. If she's going to have any chance at all, she'll need more blood."

"And you need to feed. You have to be at your strongest for her. We need to go tonight." Esme and Carlisle share a troubled look, they even delivered a glance at Dorothea wishing for some guidance but the girl gave an apologetic smile which the parent understood.

"Carlisle, you're the enemy now. Sam won't hesitate. You will be slaughtered." Esme started up by planning on who should she bring along for tonight after hearing Jacob retelling Sam's plan, "Emmett, and Jasper will come with us. Along with Dean." / "That won't be enough."

Dorothea wonders if she should interfere and tell them that the moment they leave, more trouble will occur but chose to stay hushed when the thought of the outcome if she kept shut. "We have no choice, Jacob. If there's anything we can do to save her, we have to try."

Jacob is confused hearing this, "You'd risk your lives for her?"

The wolf didn't think that the Cullens would see Bella as a family member since the mortal is still a mortal and presumably the main course of problems. Esme, "Of course, we would. Bella's a part of our family now."

"Yeah. I can see that. This really is a family. As strong as the one I was born into. I know what I have to do." Seth had abruptly run toward them approaching while barking with panic, "Jake! They're coming. We should phase, Jacob. We can't protect ourselves like this."

"They'll see it as a threat. I wanna talk! Be easier if I could hear you, too."

Dorothea sighs thinking back about her decision once more, in case of a terrible ending. She studies everyone outside the house, one by one, it might look wrong that she not saying anything or warning them but as long as it symbolizes peace in the end.

Everything she is doing is for the good. "Jake please be careful when you talk to them. You know how Sam is and Seth you make sure Paul keeps his mouth under control." / "Yes, captain!" Dorothea giggles seeing how excited Seth is to receive a task while Jacob just nods at her.