They Call Him Kipper

A four year old Zoey and Gramps are walking along the beach by their lighthouse

"SpongeBob!" Zoey calls out. "SpongeBob!"

"What are you yelling out SpongeBob for sweetie" asks Gramps

"Well he lives in the ocean doesn't he? since we're next to the ocean, he'll hear me."

Gramps laughed in spite of himself.

"You know sweetie, SpongeBob lives deep down in the ocean, and far away from the shore. I doubt he'll be anywhere near here"

"Oh well I guess you're right." Zoey says

Finally, Zoey and Gramps make their way to the public area of the beach to their home. And after using the toilet, Zoey goes into a changing room and changes into her hot pink full piece swimsuit. Gramps goes into the changing room as well and and changes into some orange swim trunks. He then sets up the area.

"Okay now, listen to me very carefully. only go where I can see you right?"

"uh-huh"

"Remember, if you can't see me, I can't see you."

"Okay Gramps"

Then Zoey goes over turn the water to play when Gramps is in his beach chair listening to Surfin USA.

"Sufferin Succotash!" Gramps exclaims. "I completely forgot to put sunscreen on her!"

"Zoe Zoe" Gramps calls.

"What" she yells back.

"Come here real quick. I forgot to put sunscreen on you. You'll get a sunburn if you don't."

"Okay" and she comes running back to him.

After he applies it and waits for a minute, he says she can go back to the water and she continues playing.

10 minutes later, Zoey comes back to Gramps but Zoey is off.

"What's the matter honey? Did something happen?" Questioned Gramps.

"I swallowed some sand and sea water" Zoe croaks.

"Oh, are you okay?"

"I think so, but I feel weird."

"Oh you'll be fine, it is only sand after all. It wasn't a whole lot was it?"

"No"

"Okay, well here, drink this." Gramps says giving her a Dr.Pepper. "This should help you feel better."

"Would you build a sand castle with me please Gramps?"

"Sure" and so they do.

"My goodness, this is a wonderful Sandcastle Zoey!" Says Gramps

"It sure is Gramps. Is Mommy going to come to the beach.?" Zoey asks

"Sorry kiddo no. She's off doing something important right now."

"I'm a little hungry." Zoey complains.

"Oh I knew I forgot something. I left the entire picnic at home, but I know something that you will fill you right up."

"What is it?"

"You'll see."

Then Gramps takes her to the concession stand, and he buys them both 2 drumsticks. One for her and one for him. they both love them and eat them up. Afterwards it's getting late so they decide to go home. Walking home, Zoey sees something that Gramps can't. Suddenly she runs ahead, prompting him to run as well.