CH. 2

⊹ 。 ゚⁖✦ ˖ ⊹ 。 ゚˖ ✧ ⊹ 。 ゚⁖ °✦

"THE DISTINCT PROPERTIES THAT living organisms share is cellular composition, metabolism, growth, excretion term-1, responsiveness or irritability, movement and reproduction," eren explained, the end of this pencil gently tapping on the paper ahead of you and you bobbed your head, listening and watching as he continued to explain the properties individually.

eren is actually an excellent tutor, though you still didn't understand some of the things he was trying to explain to you. physiology wasn't supposed to be this difficult, was it? as a top student yourself, you were struggling quite a bit on the subject, but there shouldn't be any shame on that. eren was patient with you though, if a question or problem lasted an hour or more, he would still go through it very thoroughly until you finally understood it well enough.

groaning vigorously, you slumped back on the chair you sat on, stretching your arms back and soon relaxing your body after. you and eren had been in the library for nearly two hours now, with him tutoring you on the physiology subject. it was nearing 5pm, and thankfully eren decided it was best to end it for today and continue next week as planned.

you gathered your school materials that were laying around the table and stuffed them back into your backpack before sipping it up. eren mirrored your actions and soon enough, you both left the building of the library. the school was still packed with a few students, going to or leaving from afternoon classes or hanging out with their groups of friends.

it seemed like eren and you were going to go your separate ways now that you both had stepped out of the library. the male was walking ahead of you and your eyes averted to a vending machine that sold drink beverages and you quickly stopped eren, by grabbing the top strap of his backpack and gently yanking him back causing him to shriek in confusion.

"sorry," you apologized to him while flashing a quick smile, you dashed to the vending machine and eren's eyes followed you. "want something to drink? my treat," you told him, getting you wallet out from your backpack.

eren didn't say anything, instead he just stared as if he didn't know what to say. he softly nibbled his lower lips as he slowly started to approach you from behind, his hands gently grasped around his backpack strands. you proceeded to search for quarters and other coins, since you collected a lot of them from the ground and such.

"i'll-" eren began, but he was suddenly interrupted by a group of boys who ran up to you, which caused eren to take steps back and now there was a huge distance between you and him.

"y/n! y/n!" the boys spoke all at once, making you startled but you kept your smile and greeted them like you usually did. "you're gonna buy a drink right!? here use my money!" one of them said, handing you their wallet.