The Secret Second Life Of Bucky Barnes

Clint smirked down at his phone as the dorky ID photo for his boyfriend popped up indicating he had a text.

Are you done yet? I'm bored!! xx

He resisted the urge to laugh as he sent a quick reply. James was like an impatient child at times, he should know by now debriefing takes forever. Especially when it involves robotic monkeys that spit acid.

Fury cleared his throat and sent Clint a look. "Something you'd like to share with the class Barton?" He watched as Tony snickered in his seat across the large table. "My dog threw up on my rug." He said with a shrug, completely straight-faced.

Fury gave an exasperated sigh as Tony cracked up. "Bet Kate's loving that," Natasha smirked and Clint rolled his eyes.

The others had a theory that he and Kate had something going on. That was so many levels of wrong that Clint didn't even know where to begin.

Kate was Kate; his protege, his partner, his mini Hawkeye. No way would they ever go there. Ever.

She was also the only one who knew about James. They both spent like ninety per cent of their time at his apartment in Bed Stuy so it was inevitable that they would meet. To her credit though, Kate hadn't told a soul.

The debriefing lasted another half an hour before they were finally free to go. Clint was having a hard time forcing himself not to just flat out run to his car.

"Whoa slow down Barton!" Tony called after him and he held in a groan. "I'm sure Lucky's fine." Steve chipped in. His naivety was quite frankly adorable.

"We're having a movie night tonight. You should come, bring Kate too if you want." Clint gave a half shrug, checking his phone for messages again. "Uh-huh. Yeah, sure... maybe." He muttered, not really listening.

He turned to start walking again and nearly collided with Sam and Rhodey. "Whoa, careful Hawkeye!" Sam laughed.
"Sorry. How'd it go with A.I.M?" Clint asked, making a point of ignoring Tony's snickering. Rhodey gave a shrug. "Yeah, it was a pretty easy task, to be honest."
"Yeah mostly just crowd control," Sam added

Before any more could be said Fury called them in for their own debriefing, providing Clint with the perfect opportunity to escape.

He released a sigh of relief as he closed the door of his apartment behind him.

"Well, it's about damn time." Clint grinned at the familiar Brooklyn drawl. "You know Fury goes on forever." He replied, pausing in the doorway, smiling at his boyfriend who was curled up on the couch with Lucky resting next to him, head in his lap.

"Those better not be my Doritos." He added sitting down on the arm of the couch next to his head. "Whatcha gonna do about it?" He grinned, wrapping an arm around Clint's waist and pulling him down into the minute space between his body and the arm.