In Akwa Ibom Patients Stranded As Local Resident's Strike Continue

Patients and a few other people are having the access to medical care at the University of Uyo Teaching Hospital, Akwa Ibom State. In fact, it remained stranded even after the ongoing strike by the doctors who are located in Nigeria. If you looking for some Latest Nigerian news headlines today, then you shouldn't miss out on checking this website.

 If you looking for some Latest Nigerian news headlines today, then you shouldn't miss out on checking this website

As per the Daily Post...

It is worthy enough to remember that the Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors or the NARD has launched an indefinite strike on Thursday, April 1, 2021. The reason behind the same is that the federal government has failed to comply with all the demands.

Uyilawa Okhuaihesuyi, approved NARD Congress, on the other hand, the union has instructed the members to close down tools to their demands. This has bordered on the payment of all the salaries that are owned by the housing officials. More than that, it includes March salaries, the general welfare of workers, and removal Dr. Tajudeen Sanusi, President of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria, MDCN, was met among others. On the other side, the time the correspondent has visited the Federal Medical Facility in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, or the UUTH.

This lets us determine the compliance level that is there in the hospital and furthermore, she found that the premises were almost deserted. And that is with the few staff members and that includes the administrative officers along with the working for patient care were also available.

And then the patients were interviewed and further expressed all the dissatisfaction along with the situation. This is because there are so many of them and basically the ones who were hospitalizing their sick for the first time and were not able to visit the doctor. One woman, Itoro Sunday, told our correspondent that she had taken her sick baby, who had been vomiting and breastfeeding all night, to the hospital for medical treatment but was frustrated to hear about the doctors' strike. According to her, "I came here (UUTH) this morning because my baby had a fever and was vomiting and having a bowel movement since last night.

"And then the lady who was right at the counter didn't sell me a hospital card and then said that the doctors are on strike and I should go. I just got stranded because the money my husband gave me wasn't enough to take her to a private clinic. " Moreover, there is that another person who went on strolling helplessly down the OPD corridor said that- I don't know why this doctor/government would show up now after I took my mother to the hospital. No green sales card for me or tell him, Doctors, they are on strike to go to the private hospital now, is no small matter for me."

If you like what you read and want to stay updated, then you need to follow the Latest technology news in Nigeria.