How it began

-Mikey POV-

Being cast in this play alongside Marisol is like a dream, there's just one problem even though everything Marisol does is as Juliet I'm afraid everything I do will be as Mikey instead of Romeo, on the one hand, this kiss is everything I've ever wanted but on the other hand, it doesn't feel right, I guess my only option is to talk to Marisol.

-Time skip to after Mikey talked to Marisol-

-Marisol's POV-

I've known Mikey for 12 years and yet somehow I've never realized how sweet and kind he is, of course, I always knew he had a thing for me and it had been easy to ignore until now, now all I can think about is him and his deep brown eyes. Mikey Gutierrez has somehow made me bend to society sexist ideals of falling head over heels in love, and yet even with every feminist bone In my body, I'm not mad or upset, he's made me see the happiness he's always bought me, now my only problem is how am I going to tell him? I guess the only logical option is to avoid him until I've figured it out which is going to be hard since I sit next to him in most of my classes.

-Mikey's POV-

It's been a week since I've talked to Marisol and ever since I feel like she's been avoiding me, which is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I don't know if it was what I said or something else I did but I need to find out even if Marisol doesn't feel the same way as me I don't want to lose her friendship. My only option is to confront her about it and man am I bad at confrontations.

Mikey: Marisol?

Marisol: Oh hey Mikey, Sorry Can't talk right now, Catch you later!

She said as she headed for the door, Mikey grabbed her hand making her turn to look at him. Their eyes locked.

Mikey: Did I do something wrong, Marisol?

He asked a sad look filling his eyes.

Marisol: No Mikey, you didn't.

She said facing the floor with a sigh.

Mikey: Then why have you been avoiding me?

She sighed again before saying

Marisol: Ok uh, you remember when you said that you didn't want to do the kiss because you would be doing it as Mikey instead of Romeo.

Mikey: Yeah...

Marisol: Well now I'm afraid that everything I do will be as Marisol instead of Juliet.

Mikey: Hold on I'm confused.

Marisol: I Like you Mikey like, like like you.

She blurted out.

Mikey: that's a lot of likes.

He said making her giggle. The two were left in silence, eyes locked on one another.

Marisol: Well uh I should g-

She began before Mikey interrupted by pulling her in for a kiss, after a moment they pulled apart, leaving Mikey's hands on Marisol's cheeks before their lips soon returned to each other's as Marisol's hands found their way to Mikey's cheeks.

The couple left each others embrace returning to their awkward silence but this time there was a tint of happiness to it.

Mikey: So does this mean we're uh dating?

He asked scratching the back of his neck.

Marisol: No, we're just friends.

She said making Mikeys face drop.

Marisol: I'm Kidding! We are if that's what you want...

Mikey: More than anything.

he said breathing out a sigh of relief before taking her hand as they walked out of school.