prolouge

Sixty-five percent loss of control.

The tension around the room could be felt. It was pressing down in the air like a poisonous gas.

A wide mahogany table stood in the center of the room.

The table contained four people who were all seated in silence, their faces all carrying grim expressions.

"I thought you said everything was okay" a short bald headed man said, fear in his eyes.

"In the beginning, it was but now, we are not so sure" another man said, he was tall, a bit muscly and had white hair.

"The fuck you are not so sure!" the short man bellowed.

"Language please, Joseph" another man said.

He was young and average in height, his aquamarine blue eyes complimented his blonde hair.

"Language? You are more worried about my choice of words when there is a major crisis on our hands!" Joseph cried in disbelief.

"Look Joseph, we are not yet sure what is causing the problem. As far as I'm concerned we can still contain it" the tall man with white hair said.

"Then do something for goddamn sake Luther. Anything to stop this madness!" Joseph cried.

Luther was about to speak when another voice cut him off.

"Tell me the reports Luther" a slim dark man said.

Luke sighed before grabbing the clipboard in front of him.

"So far there has been a total loss in sixty five percent of the zones we carried out the tests, the other thirty five percent seem to be okay.

"Sixty five percent! Joseph boomed out. That's massive".

Luther ground his teeth.

"I don't really know what the cause of this is, but I can assure you I will find a way to stop this." Luther said.

Joseph looked disbelievingly at Luther then turned to face the slim dark man.

"What do we do now Dean?" he asked.

Dean looked down at the table his eyes cold and distant.

"We have to abort the program. Luther strike out the the test as a failure and begin control evasive measures. We have to do everything necessary to make sure that we protect at least a sufficient amount of the human population".

"This is my decision."

Dean turned to face the man with blonde hair.

"Is it final with you John?"

"I agree with your plan" John said, nodding.
"I couldn't agree more" Joseph chipped in giving Luther a sideways look.

Everyone turned their eyes to Luther who was quiet, his eyes distant.

"I still think..." he started.

"We are tired of what you think Luther, this test was a failure, period." Joseph said angrily.

"Let's hope to hell we can contain this if not...."

Dean stopped not wanting to think about it anymore.

Luther shook his head and smiled sourly.

"Alright I will begin control evasive measures immediately." Luther said standing up from his chair and turning to go.

"One more thing Luther" Dean said.
Luther turned to face Dean.

"What is it?"

"Tell Mr President that operation 0093 failed and that we are requesting the go ahead signal from him."

"I will" Luther said briskly, leaving the conference room.
The silence in the room returned.

"What the fuck have we gotten ourselves into?" Joseph asked rhetorically has face in the palm of his hands.

I am excited to see what you guys think of this it's my latest work and I feel proud of it.
Thanks sethquine and lavendareyes
for encouraging me to release it.