01 • Yes you!

I love and hate your oblivion at the same time

--------------------------------------

LIM YUJIN

"Class dismiss. Don't forget to submit your presentations before Monday!"

After hearing what Mrs. Na said, I storm out of the class as soon as possible. Why? Because it's going to rain, I can tell by seeing the dark clouds in the sky.

Besides, today is the day.

Has he arrived yet?

A droplet of rain falls onto my cheek snapping me out of the train of thought. It starts raining.

I should have brought umbrella this morning. Guess who's gonna get soaked aha?

Watching the raindrop dance on the pavement is relaxing.

To be honest, I quite love rain. It gives me a feeling of coolness and nostalgia.

Back in the days when my family was still living in the old apartment six years ago, my parents were busy with their works and always sent me to my neighbor who lived next door. My awkward and stubborn self opposed being around strangers who are not my family members. I didn't utter a word even though my neighbor and her husband looked after me every time I stayed at their house.

However, their son was another story. He hated me without a reason. From the first day I came to his house, he didn't say anything but rolled his eyes at me as if he saw his long-lived enemy (?)

Of course I hated him back because why not?

Until that rainy day.

Him, was from my enemy to my friend. And for the time being he becomes my first love.

What keeps bugging me is he's totally oblivious of my feeling which I find so frustrated to bare. Sometimes, I just wanna gather all of my bite-sized courage to shout at him.

"Hey, I like you! Yes you!"

***********

Thank you everyone who read my first story ever

Thank you everyone who read my first story ever. English is not my first language so please bear with me if there's any mistakes ☕

Please leave constructive comments to let me know how you feel about it. I am totally thankful ♥