Chapter 1 On The First Day

"Hanako!" My brother shouts from downstairs.

"Mmmmm." I groan in annoyance and pull my blanket over my head, knowing he'll come upstairs and pull my out of bed.

"Hanako, we're gonna be late!" He shouts again.

Today was my first day at the DWMA. But see, where I used to go to school, I was hated. My name, Hanako. You know, the Japanese ghost story? Yeah. Everyone was afraid of me. And I had to get used to it. Ugh! It sucked!
I didn't wanna go to school ever again cuz of this.

Then my brother, Natsume, told me about the DWMA and I got a little excited.

But then the horrible memories of school came back to me and I didn't ever wanna go back. I still don't.

I'm a meister. Natsume is my weapon.
What weapon is he? He's a scythe. A very big shadow scythe.

Even though Natsume is incredibly short, he's really strong. He has a deep, dark greenish color hair and bright purple eyes. As for me, I have chocolate brown hair going to my waist and very very light blue eyes. Except one eye is a dark blue and I hide it with part of my hair.

My brother is also really responsible. Surprising, right? Yeah. He always gets up early way before me. Also, he thinks 4:30 in the morning is a good time to get to school. I wouldn't normally say this, but he's WAY too organized.

"Ugh! NATSUME!!! Shut up! It's, like, not even seven yet!!" I finally crack.

I'm mostly, usually a quiet, shy person, but when I snap, things turn around.

"So?! Get up already so you're not tired at school! If you get up now, you'll wake up while you eat the breakfast I made, then when you're done, you can relax a bit! I have it all planned out, Hana!"

See? Too Organized.
He always calls me Hana.

"Whatever, Natsu. Are you even dressed?"
I always call him Natsu.

"..." Natsume is quiet for a minute. He always. Always. Always gets ready to go. But always forgets the 'wearing-clothes' part.

"You're in your underwear again aren't you." I say in an annoyed tone.

"Hmph. Maybe..." he scuffs.

"Ugh! You're kinda getting in my nerves, bro." I roll out of bed, pulling on my normal navy blue spaghetti strap tank-top and my black mini skirt on with long white socks that go halfway up my thighs.
Next, I get my black shiny slip-ons on that siting front of my bedroom door.

I do my hair, basically just putting it in a high ponytail with a black, thick, fabric ribbon to hold it there, and brush my teeth.

After all that, I grab my bag and run downstairs to Natsume, holding his light blue skinny jeans and red T-shirt in my arms.

Without looking his direction, I toss him his clothes and he thanks me.

Then I eat and after that, we're both ready to go to school.

It's all good timing too. 6:17am. Since we both have to walk.

On our walking way, I pull out my head headphones and put the in my ears, readying myself for Natsu's stupidly random questions.

In the midst of my music, my brother's talking, and our walk, I come across an alley.

It doesn't seem like something's there, but my instincts tell e to just look, even if it's just a glance.

So I do.
And what I see is different from what I expected.

Though the aura around the place is dark, the thing I see is a guy. My age.