remus lupin x reader

☆ ☆ ☆

the night was falling rapidly, the first night of the cycle was always the worst for remus lupin.

when i agreed to be his partner, i knew what i was getting into. it was going to be difficult but i'm not one to decline a challenge.

besides, i was hopelessly in love with him so how could i say no?

being an animagus had its perks though. i was friends with the marauders from year one. sirius, james, peter and i became animagi to help remus get through his cycle.

i could become a dog, just like sirius. james became a stag and peter was a rat.

being able to change into an animal gave me freedoms laced with fears. i could sneak out of the castle easily but at the price of having to keep my troubled sunshine under control.

the clouds cleared at a slow pace, allowing just enough time to get remus to the shrieking shack.

the moonlight shone through the window.

"remus!" i exclaimed quickly, seeing the fear and pain start to flood through him.

he looked at me with wide eyes.

"get. out" was all he managed to say before the screaming took over his throat.

seeing him go through all that pain was almost too much to bear.

"i'm not leaving you, remus!" i protested, seeing his back begin to slouch, hair growing rapidly along his back.

"i'm sorry" he muttered and, with that, the transformation was complete.

he approached me slowly, his werewolf form dauntingly tall.

"remus" i gulped, nothing but fear present in my glistening eyes, "remember who you are"

his sharp teeth snarled.

i had no choice.

i quickly switched to my animagus form, that being my biggest chance of survival.

the more legs, the faster you run.

my heart pounded as i heard the approaching footsteps, making stones shake down the passageway of the whomping willow.

i leapt out of the tunnel, narrowly avoiding a few branches from the violent tree. my fur blew wildly in the wind.

i looked around, breathing heavily as i switched back to my human form.

i sprinted towards the forbidden forest.

the trees of the forest surrounded me faster than i'd expected; the instant darkness was overwhelming.

i turned around quickly to face the way i came. how was i going to get out of this one?

i then was snapped away from my thoughts, seeing my boyfriend heading towards me more menacingly than anyone thought possible.

his claws were out, his teeth sharp and mouth foaming.

i stood still willing to risk my life to help him.

"remus, please. it's me. it's Y/N. i can help you. just remember who you-"

***

you lay on the ground, unconscious and scratched up as the sun arose.

your boyfriend, remus lupin found himself in the middle of the forbidden forest, his legs barely working.

'why aren't i in the shrieking shack?' he thought, sitting up and wincing from the immediate pain shooting down his legs, 'what's going o-is that-?'