The Plan Takes Shape

Three days had passed since the team had come up with the ambitious plan to travel back in time. The compound was abuzz with activity, but Natasha found herself in a perpetual state of anxiety. Bruce and Tony had been working non-stop in the lab, trying to refine their time travel plan, and Natasha was growing increasingly impatient. She had made up various excuses to check in on their progress, each time hoping for a concrete timeline.

---

In the garage, Tony and Bruce were deep into their work. The vast space was filled with the scent of motor oil and the hum of machinery. The walls were lined with high windows that let in natural light, casting a glare on the pristine white surfaces. The room, originally designed to house jets and Tony's collection of rarely driven cars, now served as the epicenter of their time-travel project.

Tony, standing by a table strewn with blueprints, turned his attention away from the blueprints and towards the source of a sudden, loud noise outside. It sounded like a clown horn.

"Friday," Tony called out, his curiosity piqued, "What's that noise?"

The AI's voice came through the speakers. "Someone is outside, Mr. Stark."

A hologram appeared, showing a man outside the garage door, waving his arms frantically. Behind him was a van with a comically loud horn.

"Let him in, Friday," Bruce instructed, his patience wearing thin. Tony looked back at Bruce with a mixture of resignation and irritation. Despite Bruce's new, more intimidating form, Tony still maintained his position of authority.

The man burst through the door, shutting it behind him with a sense of urgency.

"Could—could you do me a small favor and open the garage door?" he asked, clearly out of breath.

"Uh, sure?" Tony replied, shrugging. He gestured for Friday to open the large garage door, revealing the van.

As the man maneuvered his vehicle closer, Tony and Bruce watched with a mixture of curiosity and skepticism. The man parked the van in front of them and stepped out, extending a hand.

"Hey, Scott Lang," he introduced himself with a smile, shaking Tony's hand firmly. Tony shook back, his face betraying his confusion.

"Okay, Scott. What brings you and your garage-band car into my expensive garage?" Tony asked, raising an eyebrow.

Scott's grin widened as he moved back to his van. "Glad you asked!" he said enthusiastically, opening the back doors to reveal what looked like a jumble of wires and parts.

"Is that a—" Bruce started.

"Quantum tunnel," Scott interrupted excitedly.

"I was gonna say, time machine," Bruce replied, clearly unimpressed by the display.

Scott chuckled. "Well, not exactly. It's more like a quantum tunnel."

"So you're saying, with this, we can go back?" Tony asked, intrigued.

Scott shrugged. "Not all at once, but it's a start."

---

The team gathered in the garage, drawn by the commotion. Bruce had connected the van to a series of computers and monitors, setting up an intricate array of controls.

Natasha, Steve, and Clint waited patiently, their eyes fixed on Scott, who was pacing back and forth as he explained.

"How many of you studied quantum physics?" Scott asked, looking around.

"Only to make conversation," Natasha replied, her hands shoved into the pockets of her unzipped sweater. She swayed nervously, unable to stay still.

Scott continued, undeterred. "Alright, so three years ago, right before Thanos— I was in the Quantum Realm."