Chapter 1.

My name is Darwin Violet. I present to you the story of my life. And how the promises will always stay with me.
" Darwin! Breakfast is ready!"
" Coming!!"
The smell of fresh croissants filled the air as I rushed downstairs twords the kitchen. My mother was just pulling them out of the oven as I entered.
"Are you excited about your first day of high school?"
" Kinda.." I mumbuled filling my mouth with a warm, fluffy croissant.
" Well I hope you have a good day hun"
Mother says, while leaning over to kiss me on the cheek.
" Ill be going now... Goodbye mum!"
" bye hun!"
I start to walk to school. Stepping on the red and orange crunchy leaves. Feeling the cool breeze on my skin.
When I reach the school I can already feel everyone starring at me. I keep my head down and walk in the school.
As soon as I enter I am greeted by a girl. She has long brown hair that fades to blonde. She has pretty rose gold glasses.
" Hey! You're new to this school right?"
" Yeah."  I say, feeling the fear curl in my stomache.
" Mind if I give you a tour?"
" S-sure?" I say nervously.
" Great! Ill show you all the things you need to see!" She says in an excited expression.
" For starters, Im brooke!"
She reminds me of a dog, a very energetic one too. But she looks very smart, I can tell.
"Im darwin!"
" Ohh I know that name it means dear friend, right?"
Finnaly someone knows, I thought. Everyone use to think it was a weird but uniqe name.
" So, shall we get going?" She asks in a rushed voice.