.•four•.

"you're looking

"you're looking...cheerful," renjun chuckled nervously as he and jisung power-walked side by side through the war that had broken out in the courtyard. the origin of this attack was unknown to them so far, and neither were sure which class had started it either. nevertheless, all they had to do was dodge the foul weaponry used such as itch powder, that nasty projectile saliva tube an ivory science student had invented, the typical food catapults, the ruffians who grabbed you for wedgies, wall slamming and other horrible actions as well as things like stale milk balloons and weirdos who locked you in closets until you were rescued. these were but a few games the warriors pulled during wars.

"do i look happy? i didn't notice," the pinkette scoffed and tried to wipe the smile off his face. but he was too damn proud of himself for the pictures that had been progressing. "maybe you're the happy one."

"that literally doesn't make any sense. also, when am i ever happy?"

"when that guy over there gives you attention?" jisung wriggled his eyebrows whilst nodding his head in lee donghyuck's direction. the blonde was teasing a poor ebony student with a fellow ivory warrior by dropping an ice cube down the back of his uniform. "y'know, jun...he's a real charmer. a keeper, if you will."

"oh shove off. he's only like that with his classmates."

"no? do you not like it rough?"

"park jisung, i won't hesitate to leave bugs in your bed tonight. when will you stop teasing me about him, huh? i know i'm being careless here."

the younger stopped walking and pulled his friend out of the way of a milk balloon, the damn things smashing against the side of the school's clean wall and leaving a horrid smell. they crinkled their noses, but continued their conversation. "i only tease you because i can. don't worry, i know he's looking after you."

renjun sighed dramatically and massaged his temples, leaning back against the safety of the wall's protruding corner and watching his boyfriend from afar. "when will you go hunting, ji? i know we always made that silly promise at the start of the year to stay single and be each other's company...but things are different. you must be interested in someone."

"nope. absolutely not."

"not at all? not even a little?"

"are you kidding? that is what i have to pick from." they both returned their gazes to the war and again...sighed. it was a pretty dire bunch if they were honest, and the good ones who didn't fight or participate were usually boring. even ivory's johnny, who was known to have settled down with the said class' president, was still horsing around out here instead of studying. he just had to hope nobody told ten about his...activities.