Chapter 1

Lori's POV

"How we doing down there?" I speak into the walkie talkie. I look down at Danny and Sheldon working on the cloning machine.

"You gottta stall him" the message comes back. I feel movement behind me. A powerful arm turns me around and I see Perfect.

"You disappoint me Lori. Adam thinks that if he can get rid of me, and the others, that you'll finally settle for him" he says.

"I wouldn't be settling. The real Adam is great, just the way he is." I said. I really just said how I feel. Wow.

"Psh, yeah. You didn't think that till we brought him to your attention." he said. I hated to admit it, but he was right.

"Well I guess I needed to open my eyes." I said as I backed up a little bit.

"Just give it." he said. He tried to snatch it out of my hand, but I backed up a bit. "Give it." he said again. I backed up a little bit more and felt more fear cross me. He tried again, but this time when I backed up, I fell over the edge. I held on by one hand. I looked down and screamed. I saw Vance trying to fight Adam. Really Vance! Now!

"Adam! Someone help!" I screamed. Perfect kept trying to get my hand.

"Just give me the duplex ignitor, and I'll pull you right up." Perfect said. I looked down, then back at him.

"No way!" I yelled back. I kept screaming then all of a sudden, Perfect held his head. I kept screaming as Perfect walked away. He started talking to someone. I somehow found the strength to pull myself up. I saw Perfect, and the real Adam. "Adam!" I yelled.

"Just go I got this." he said while holding his head. Before I went down, i turned, smiled at him, and went down.

Adam's POV

"This should be my life, not yours." Perfect said to me.

"This is your life! We're a team!" I said back. He just wouldn't get the message. He swung on a pole, but I bit my fingers. He fell off and landed on his back. It really hurt. He got a sword,and I tried to get a rope. He threw it down the slide. "What? How'd you do-"

"Haha!" he cheered. He started swinging at me. I got a sword and we locked swords.

'I don't wanna fight you!" i yelled.

"Good!" he yelled back. He shoved me down on the ground.

'C'mon Adam! I know you can do this!" Lori yelled. That got me motivated. He ran at me, but I threw him over onto the slide. I grabbed his hand but he looked at me confused.

"What are you doing! I would've never saved you!" he yelled.

"Yeah. I know." I said. I let go of his hand and he grabbed onto the rope. Then, Number 2 came up.

"Adam! I found a way we can all stay!" he yelled. I looked down and didn't see Perfect. I was all in. He gave all the clones a shot and my timer went off. I didn't disintegrate. We all walked down, and for once I felt like the luckiest man ever. I have Lori Collins as my girlfriend and my clones. I am the luckiest man alive.