Beach Days

Walking down the beach in flip flops, shorts, and a crop top with my two best friends Jordyn and Pophie is the perfect start to our summer. We were chosen to take a one year academic trip to Asia and we didn't get back to the states until yesterday. The beach was the perfect place to come back to to spend a whole summer with my girls.

"Jordie, look," Pophie says, pointing to a boy with dark brown hair and tattoos on a motorcycle. Looking over, I see him already looking at us. Jordie turns her head to look at the ocean. "Not my type", she says back. I smile and look down at the sand. He looks exactly like her type, she just liked to play hard to get. Rolling her eyes and laughing, Pophie takes off running. Jordyn grabs my hand and takes off after her. I ran after them but not without sneaking a look at the boy on the motorcycle who was now with a blonde frat looking boy. He makes eye contact with me before going back to talking to the guy on the bike.

We reach the boardwalk in about two minutes and look for somewhere to get lunch. "The crunchy wood", Jordyn reads out loud. "Sounds...good," I reply. Pophie shrugs and walks to the door and pushes it open, holding it for me and Jordyn. Walking in, I instantly smell boiled crab legs and fried chicken. After ordering our food, we sit down and wait. A couple minutes later, a guy in a white apron comes over and gives us our food and drinks. We thank him and dig in.

"Guys, we most definitely are going surfing aft-" Pophie gets cut off by a guy spilling his drink on her lap. She gasps and stand up. Jordyn and I get up too and I walk around the table and push the guy. "Dude are you serious?" I ask, getting angry. He smiles and answers back, "it was an accident baby girl". Rolling my eyes I walk back to the table and grab my drink and turn back to him talking to his friends laughing about spilling his drink on Pophie. Tapping his shoulder to get his attention, I spilled my smoothie over his head then grabbed Jordyn and Pophie's hands and ran out of the restaurant laughing. "What the fuck," I hear the guy screaming behind us.

Walking up to a clear section of the beach, Pophie and Jordyn lay out on the sand while I run into the water with a surfboard. Cutting through the waves, I stand up and turn my board around riding the wave back towards the shore. When the waves begin to calm down, I sit back down on the board and paddle out further into the water. "Hey", a guy calls out beside me. Looking over, I see a blonde boy, a brown haired boy, and a brown haired girl. I wave at them and they wave back, all except the girl. The brown haired guy smiles. The blonde starts to paddle on his board over to me. "I'm JJ, that's John B, and that's Kiara", he introduces his friends who are now paddling towards us. I nod and introduce myself. "Hey, I'm Daytona, and that's Pophie and Jordyn", I say pointing to my friends who are still tanning on the beach. Phophie must've heard us because she looks up and waves.

"You guys aren't from here are you", JJ asks. I shake my head and laugh, "that obvious?" I ask. John B laughs and answers, "yea". "We're going to a beach party tonight. You guys should definitely come by," JJ says looking directly into my eyes. I look away towards the open ocean and nod my head. "Alright, cool," I say back, knowing Po and Jordie are going to be excited to hear this. Looking back towards the group, JJ sticks his hand out for me to shake and I grab it. "Nice to meet you, Daytona. Hopefully we'll see you tonight," he says smiling. "Nice to meet you too JJ, and yes, you'll see us", I answered back. He nods and turns his board to head back to shore. John B smiles at me before following him. I look at Kiara and see she's already staring at me and not looking pleased. I lift a brow at her as she rolls her eyes and turns to paddle back to shore.

After catching a few more waves, I decided to head back to shore. Walking out of the water and over to my friends I shake my head, getting water droplets all over them, causing them to snatched their sunglasses off and give me a glare. I laugh and walk past them, "Lets go ladies. We have a beach party to get to".