1

'Fifteen years. God.'

Raymond stood on the outskirts of the central of New Haven city, near the edge of a pier so disjoint from the rest of the bustling sector. Whispers and low mutters came from the very few who hid behind the walls of the main entrance. Late night sounds seemed to be muted in the cold dead air. The worn man shuddered in one of his rather flashy peacoats, a rather quaint taupe compared to the rest of his distinguished wardrobe. Next to him sat a vintage looking black suitcase, packed with clothes and extra belongings for a rather unexpected trip. Reaching into his coat pocket, he gently pulled out a letter damaged by the water that was slapping the concrete beneath him. As he opened the letter in a haughty stance, he skimmed through the stylistic yet sloppily written piece of parchment. Eyebrows furrowed, he couldn't help but mouth out what has got to be some sort of mistake.

'Clark,

If this ever reaches you, I would like for you to join me as soon as you may find it possible. It has been much too long since we have last met, however it must be noted that I am in dire need of a lending hand and you are the only one I can think of who is capable of such a task. Again I reiterate, please come as soon as you may. You can reach me via Valtmore pier at the edge of Sector One of the central city. I will be sending cab boats every night in case you happen to be there.

Thank you for your time and/or patience.

J.M.'

'Surely, this has to be some sort of joke. The one man who I had been so close to all those years ago. The one man who had suddenly left me in the dust, fifteen years ago. Why would he just suddenly contact me now? What could be so important that just so happens to break the deep layer of ice between...us? Is it really worth my time??'

Thoughts upon thoughts rattled in Raymond's head. It took the low ominous whirr of an engine to shake away the fog cluttering his head. He looked up in the gleam of the lamppost he stood under, the steam of his breath seemed to coat the distant visage of a motorboat on the horizon. Gently folding the note back into his pocket whilst picking up his luggage, he let out a sharp exhale and grumbled, "Tch, took 'em long enough. Any longer and my scones would freeze off."

As the whirr of the cab's engine drew closer, Ray sauntered closer to the edge of the pier though keeping an eye on his footing. As the cab pulled up against the concrete slab, a short but stout young blonde man perked up and hollered in a thick Polish accent,

"Allo! Name's Teo and I'll be your guide on this wonderful trip! Now, are we headin' towards the 'Paradise' Mansion, yes?" Teo gave a painfully chipper smile and a wink after his automated message.

Ray, looking around, replied in a restrained but quaint tone,

"Do call me time blind however, I believe it's 23:39 and not rush hour correct?"

"Yes, yes, though, when ya listen to this thing for a certain amount of time, ya never stop hearing it y'know."

"Hm."

Ray carefully stepped into the cab, stuffing the suitcase on one side of the boat while he sat on the other. The now rather disgruntled passenger made a point to keep some space between him and his so to say guide. Teo shrugged before revving up the engine with one large and dramatic arm motion. The engine stalled for a second before roaring a ghastly screech. Teo slammed the palm of his hand on the engine, causing it to revert to its purring state.

'No wonder the man's practically deaf, Jesus.'

Teo put the cab in reverse before veering Westword, the full moon's beam illuminated their pasty white faces.