Chapter one

Mommy where are we going. I say smiling. You'll see. She says pulling on the side of the road. Mommy we're still on the highway. I say confused. She picked me up and grabbed my bags she sat me down on the side of the road. Than she drove away. Mommy. I say standing up and crying.

I grabbed my bunny and hugged it and I grabbed my blanket and I laid down and cried.

Colby POV

Me and Sam were listening to music and talking. When I saw a little girl on the side of the road. Hey Sam pull over. I say nervous. What is it. He says. There's a little girl right there. I say nervous. We pulled over and got out.

Elizabeth POV

I was crying. I hugged my teddy bunny. Mommy. I say crying. Than I saw a car that looked like mommy's car pull over. I got up and ran over to the car. But instead I saw two boys. I cried even harder and ran back to my stuff. Hey little one. I heard someone say. I looked up and saw them staring at me. I broke down. I cried even harder. Mommy!!! I say crying. Hey where's your mommy. One says. I looked at them. I don't know mommy left me alone. I say crying. Your mommy left you here. They say. I nodded. Come here. One says picking me up.

I felt save in his arms. Mommy left me. I say crying quietly. It's okay you wanna come home with us. He says rubbing my back. I was asleep.

Colby POV

I picked up the little girl and I asked her question. But she didn't answer. She's asleep. Sam says smiling. Oh. I say smiling and walking towards the car. Sam grabbed her luggage and put it in the car. I sat her down in the back seat and I sat down next to her. Sam drove off. She slept peacefully on my lap.

Sam pulled into the driveway and got out and grabbed the bags. I picked her up and carried her in the house. Hey Colby. Jake says shocked about what he sees. He pointed at her. Her mom left her on the side of the highway. I say softly. He nodded. Mommy. I heard her say crying. I walked in the living room and saw Corey. Her mom left her on the side of the highway. I say calm. I sat down on the couch. Mommy. She says crying in her sleep.

Hey baby. I say rubbing her back. She jolted up and looked at me. Mommy. She says crying. I hugged her and started rubbing her back. She calmed down. Hey what's your name sweetie. I say smiling. Elizabeth. She says yawning. My name is Colby this is Corey that's Jake and that's Sam. I say smiling. She looked at us.

Elizabeth POV

I was in Colby arms and I looked around. Hey Sam we got your text we're here. I heard two female voices say. They walked in and I saw two girls. Aww she's so adorable. One says smiling. This is Tara and Katrina. Colby says smiling. I looked at them. Colby put me down and I walked over to front door. What's wrong. Sam says. Mommy. I say nervous. They looked through the glass and saw a lady. Mommy. I say nervous. They opened the door. Why do you have my daughter. Mommy says angry. What I want to know is why did you leave her alone on the highway. Colby says angry. Because I can. She says laughing. You are stupid why would you do that. Jake says. Give me my daughter. She says. I started crying. The police pulled up. There she is. They say running over to my mom. Your coming with me you are under arrest. They say. Mommy. I say crying.

What happened. Sam says. Your mother robbed and killed the owner of a store. The man says.

Mommy. I say crying. Colby picked me up and rubbed my back calming me down.