Excerpt

Dread consumes my entire body as I step off of the plane. I grab my bags and plaster a smile on my face, making my way over to my parents.

"Oh gosh, I've missed you lot!" I say in a slight British accent like I practiced on the plane, not too heavy but noticeable. My mother's eyes widen and her smile grows.

"Sophia-Marie that's just splendid, it makes everything you say sound far more sophisticated. Wait until I tell the girls at the country club, they'll be green with envy." Of course that's all she cares about, impressing her "friends" from the country club. My father loads my things into the trunk and I climb in. My father breaks the silence by asking about my time in London.

"It was brill! I met some arses here and there but other than that, it was splendid. I had a great time and learned so much." I continued to make up stuff about my time in London, making sure to throw in British slang I looked up on the plane ride over here. You see, my parents and everybody else think I went to London to study abroad but I really went to California and had the best summer of my life.

It might sound cliche but please please please give it a chance. I'm really excited about this. It's my first story so it won't be perfect but please add it to your library and at least read the first couple of chapters and see if you like it or not.