New Lives and New Habits

Charlie's P.O.V.

It's been a while since my freshman year, since all my friends left me to go to collage, and things haven't been going well for me.

Last night, I'd dreamed of Patrick again. He'd been finding his way into my head more and more often lately. Tonight, I'd dreamt he was on my bed with me, sitting on top of me and grinding down on me at a tortuously slow pace. It was so slow but so good feeling, and those types of dreams with Patrick had begun to become such a normal thing I almost didn't even feel guilty over it.

Almost.

I broke up with Sam about a month ago. I still liked her a lot, but I couldn't be dating her while I was thinking of her brother in such carnal ways. It was after I'd found myself masturbating to the thought to him in the shower. After I came, I felt so guilty, and once I was out of the shower I'd called Sam up and told her we had to end it. She was really sad and kept asking why. I was originally going to tell her about Patrick, but I kept thinking that she'd foreword the message to him, so I lied to her and told her the whole long-distance relationship thing simply wasn't working out.

A day later, Patrick called me. He'd asked me why I broke up with Sam, and he asked me if I was okay. I so desperately wanted to tell him, oh how I wanted to. But, like always, I lied and told him I was managing well enough. Then, he'd told me that Sam was really sad. I didn't say anything, because I was choking on my tears by then. After a silence, Patrick had then said that he wanted Sam and me to date--he said he though we "looked cute."

I'd hung up without another word, and cried up until a few minuets before school. My sophomore year hasn't been too bad so far. I have a few more friends, a girl named Keezheekoni, which she says means "burning fire", who is really proud of her heritage but wants to only be called Keezie, and a boy named Kaleo who says he's from Hawaii, but they're dating, and I think they only really like me because I like to listen to them go off about school drama.

I once tried to explain to them that they shouldn't be mad at some boy because he dumped a friend of their's, but they got angry at me and told me thaat I didn't get it. I think they just like to make a big deal out of tiny things because their lives are really boring.

My sister left to go collage some time, so that left me alone with my mom and dad, who haven't changed much. At the beginning of the new school year, when I first thought about Patrick in a sexual way, they kept asking me if I was okay and telling me that I could always confide with them with anything and that they will always love me. I believe that they would ways love me, but I image they'd love me in a different way if they knew in what way I thought about Patrick.

Patrick's P.O.V.

Winter Break was in a week, and I am dying for it to come sooner. Of course, a few days into break I'll be bored out of my mind and wish for school again, but that irrelevent right now.

Thinking about boredom over break is irrelevant, when there's something much worse I might do over break . . .

I need to think up some way to not relapse on heroin in the span on the three weeks with absolutely nothing to do but think about my love-hate relationship with the drug.

After I'd made myself realize how deathly the drug was, I'd been keeping myself preoccupied with school, but now that I had a span of a little under a month without the classes and studying, I'm sure I'm going to relapse.

Hm, I think to myself, Maybe I could buy a new video game, or get a book to read . . .

Ha-ha, sure, as if a book would keep me interested enough to keep my mind away from that deathly dipshitty syringe. I could hardly remember enough from studying books to get good enough grades in my classes.