Chapter 1

Come on hurry up Y/n! We need to get out of here!” Called Catherine, she was a small woman with blonde hair and green eyes, but a frightening woman. 

“I’m coming! Just let me grab the money. There would be no point in leaving it!” I yelled through the door. I really hope she heard me and didn’t take off. I think to myself, for it wouldn’t be the first time she left me behind. 

“We don’t have time! There is a gang battle right now, and I don’t want to be in the middle of it!” 

“Caroline, it’s fine. Stay hidden and they won’t see us.” 

She grumbles in the living room with irritation. “Five minutes, more than that I’m leaving your ass.” 

“‘Course.” 

Two minutes had passed and my satchel was full. I could tell the fight between two gangs was still going on, for I could hear their gun fire. It was closer… that’s not good, why are they getting closer???? 

“Caroline!?! Are you still there?” I called out taking a step into the living room where she was waiting earlier. Just to see a piece of paper on the desk near the door. 

Dear Y/n,

I am greatly sorry for leaving you behind again… I couldn’t stick around and listen to the gun fire getting closer. 

I told you we needed to go, but you wanted to stay a little longer just to get more money. Yes we need money, but is it really worth risking our lives over like that? 

I have a family Y/n, I didn’t want to be an outlaw. So please forgive me, but I am leaving our little duo and joining my family again. 

I promise not to turn you in, even if the sheriff or Pinkertons come to talk to me. 

Sincerely,

    Your Friend,

        Caroline Marida Saline.

“Wow…. she really left me and for good this time,” I murmur. “ About time, Carol. I was hoping you would turn around to be with your family. Don’t follow my footsteps my dear friend.” 

BAM

I jumped to the gunshot that was right out the front door. Shit! I forgot about the other two gangs. 

I jump into a closet and crack the door open just enough for me to see out into the room. The front door slowly swings open, a single revolver slowly coming into view. The man that walks through with their revolver pointed and ready to fire is a mexican man. He isn’t tall but neither is he short, I would say he is average height for a man. About 5’ 9”, and built pretty good. 

“Eh, anyone in here?” He called, with a very strong accent. It was attractive, and smooth.

“Guess not. Hey Dutch, it’s clear.” the man calls, waving his hand to the others outside for them to come into the house. 

Now wait a minute! It’s not clear, I’m in here!!!! I mentally scream. I’m fucking screwed, they are going to find me and kill me! Well at least Carol got out before they made it here. 

“Good job my boy! This place will do until it's time to move. Now Arthur, Javier, and John please go find a room. The others, please go find a place to sleep in the other houses.” A man said, he had a deep voice and fancy clothes on. He must be the leader. 

They all disappear for a bit to go find their rooms. This would be a perfect time to leave and run. 

CREAK

Shit! Someone is still in the room. 

I listen to their footsteps, by the sounds of them they are a heavy guy. Their shadow appears right on the closet door. Fuck I’m screwed. 

The doors slowly start to open, I look up and my dark brown eyes meet bright blue ones. SHIT! 

“Well well well, looks like I found you kitten.~” a chunky blonde man said, he was not a good looking man. Didnt smell good either, he smelt like liquor, smoke, and body odor.

"Sure please! I was only looting and was going to leave but you guys showed up and scared me!" I cried out, tears started to come and I was trying to hold them back.

"Mhmm."

He grabs me by the hair and pulls me out, catching everyone's attention and bringing them to the living room.

"Micah! What the hell, put the poor girl down!" The Mexican said, I'm guessing his name is Javier.

The man named Micah drops me, having me land on my knees holding my scalp crying.

"Senorita, I apologize about my bafoon of a friend. Please let me help you up." Javier murmurs, holding his hand out for me to grab. I gladly do, took one last sniff and went back to normal.

"Thank you sir, I was not meaning to intrude, I was here originally but you guys appeared out of no where. So please let me go and I will let you be and have my merry day at home planning the next house to raid."

"Now we cant do that dear." A deep voice called down the steps, looking up I meet the eyes of the leader... Dutch Van Der Linde.

"But why!?! If you fear I'll turn you in I won't! I am an outlaw myself, I can not risk getting caught by the law just like you!" I begged, I'm fucking screwed... What are they going to do to me.

"Well miss..."

"Y/n, my name is Y/n L/n."

"Y/n, we cant let you go. Please stay with us for a bit until we find out what to do with you. Your an outlaw yourself, so you understand why we cant fully trust you to not turn us in."

Shit, hes right... He has every right to be suspicious of me. Ok we can do this, be kind and they wont hurt me. Thats all I have to do, right?

Authors note
Thank you gor reading! I hope you guys stick around to see more of the adventure!
Word count: 1017.