04 • Unconventional

You only see the galaxy in my eyes but never notice the red flush on my cheeks

----------------------------------------

THIRD POV

6:50 p.m - the fifth floor of Chongmo Apartment Block 🏢

"There it is"

A light brown haired boy is standing in front of his old neighbor's apartment. Pressing the door bell, he can't help but feeling nervous and pleased at the same time.

It's been three years since the Lim family moved out of their old apartment. The two families couldn't meet each other much as before. Sometimes the mothers have phone calls with each other or the fathers go fishing together on random occasions.

Just like their parents, Yeosang and Yujin manage to keep in touch with each other till now, through social media but not frequently because of different schedules, schools and other stuff. Still, less is better than nothing.

"Oh Yeosang... Good mor- no I mean evening!". Yujin stutters when she sees her three-year-no-see friend aka her nearly-five-year ultimate crush in front of her right now.

Sadly Yeosang isn't aware of Yujin's feeling despite how smart he is.

"It's been a long time, Lim. Shall we go in?" The said boy chuckles lightly at the younger.

Get a grip of yourself, you dummy. The girl scolds herself in her thought, then moves aside leading Yeosang into the house.

"Mom! Dad! He's here!". The pair comes into the dinning room to greet Yujin's parents.

Yeosang bows formally towards the olders, "Uncle, Aunt. Thank you for having me here today. I'm under your care from now on."

"No problem, son. Oh my you've become such a handsome young man already. The Kang gene is no joke. I'm jealous." Her mother exclaims as she sees the boy which makes him laugh sheepishly.

"What do you mean, honey? Yujin my daughter is soon to be a pretty lady. Because she's my one and only hidden beauty gene inheritor"

Love you for an eternity dad. However, I won't guarantee with things which I might never ever accomplish. The girl mumbles under her breath.

"Have a seat Yeosang. So we are neighbors again. I heard from your father you're living on the third floor right? "

"Yes Uncle. I'm sharing an apartment with a friend of mine since the male dormitory is full already. We join the same University near here as well so it's quite convenient."

Their dinner proceeds in relaxation and coziness. The four people on the table mostly talk about memories which the two families shared together : the first camping trip in Jeju island, the moment Yujin's mother first found out she was pregnant etc.

Yeosang looks at the sight, feeling like he's back to the old but gold days. The Lim family is his second family. He's sure of it.

--- ✳ ---

THIRD POV

After dinner, Yeosang helps wash the dishes and clean the table. Now he's sitting on the chair near Yujin's desk while she's sitting on the bed in her room, leaning back on the bed board. The two friends certainly have a lot to catch up with each other.

"How's your study, Lim? It's your last year in highschool if I remember precisely."

Lim is Yujin's surname but Yeosang calls her that as a nickname. He honestly doesn't know why he goes with it but it gives him a feeling of happiness everytime that nickname slips out his lips.

"It's OK. I can handle it myself. Mind telling me your thought of being a sophomore?" Yujin grins awkwardly, trying to avoid the topic.

She's sick and tired of hearing about studying. School and friends are fun to her but study and exam? They are like huge opposite polars.

An unconvinced look can be seen clearly in the older's eyes. But he chooses not to push it further because Yujin seems unhappy while talking about it.

As the fan in her room blows, the girl's hair is stucked into the bed board without her realising.

"Well, Uni is..."

"Ouch"

The boy is about to answer the question but stops when he hears a sudden whine from Yujin. He stands up from the chair and steps over to her bed right away.

"My hair is being stucked. Let me loose it." The younger says, her back facing him, focusing on loosing the stucked strand.

"You're still clumsy as ever."

Feeling frustrated to see her still can't unstuck her hair, Yeosang sighs then comes behind her back, his two bigger hands hold her strand of hair, calmly undos it. His deep voice is heard on top of her head. Their position looks like he's hovering her from behind.

Heart, please calm down oh my god. How can I survive after this?

"Done!" Yeosang taps her right shoulder gently.

Trying to hide her crazy heartbeat, Yujin turns around quickly, meeting her crush's face is a very little inches away from her face, to the point their lips might be touched if one of them moves a bit closer.

This situation is too much unconventional because both of them don't even move away. Two pairs of eyes locking with each other. Until Yeosang's phone rings loudly, everything is back to normal (?)

After Wooyoung's call, he greets the Lim family to leave.

Kang Yeosang, you are gonna be the death of me. Yujin murmurs into her pillow, rolling side to side on her bed, two hot pinky cheeks are cupped in her hands.

Lim has such beautiful eyes. Yeosang recalls the earlier incident while going back to his apartment.

***********

Hi everyone

Hi everyone. I'm back with another chapter real quick after the last one. I'm excited while writing this chapter. Hope you all will enjoy it.

I appreciate all of your comments and votes. Lots of love ❤