Prologue

Rain pelted down on Aiden as he ran through the jungle. He had lost sight of the pterodactyl that had carried off his niece, her screams still ringing in his ears when he heard a twig snap. Aiden stopped in his tracks as he brandished his now empty machine gun. He had used the last of the bullets trying to save his niece....

He hoisted it like a club as the brush began to tremble and shake. It was coming closer. Judging by the sound of its footfalls, it was a small one, maybe a raptor.

Aiden wasn't in the mood to deal with a raptor.

"YAAH!" Aiden charged right into the foliage, swinging his machine gun, his brown eyes squeezed tightly shut.

"What the hell!?" said a familiar voice. Aiden's eyes snapped open, meeting eyes as brown as his own.

"C-Clayton?" Aiden's voice cracked. His brother, Dr. Clayton Darius smiled at him. His clothes were torn, stained with dirt and mud, but otherwise he looked unharmed, he was now sporting a brown beard.

"Aiden?" Clayton couldn't believe that his little brother was here, on the island. "What are you doing here? How did you get all the way out here?"

Instead of answering his brother's questions, he yanked his brother into a fierce hug. "Oof, I'm glad to see you too bro." Clayton hugged him back just as tightly.

Aiden felt his heart stop when Clayton asked, "How's Cera?"

Clayton began to tremble when Aiden broke into sobs, "Aiden....what happened to my daughter?"