Rebels

Third pov

Kageyama's family was hosting his third banquet after his 18th birthday to find a suitor. Now that he's of age they want him to find a wife. But every ball he goes to he doesn't find any girl that peaks his interest.

The worst part of the banquets were that they also served as a reminder. A reminder that his parents cared more about his older sister who will be crowned next. Usually they only come down to see him for parties while they visited her all the time and he knew it.

----------

Kageyama sighed as he got up from his bed to get changed. He pet his cat and went down to the dining room where he had his breakfast.

Last time there was this very insistent girl with bright orange hair who probably would've gone down on her knees if her parents didn't drag her out. Kageyama groans at the memory hoping it doesn't happen again this time. If he was being honest, he's never actually liked anyone, ever. He's never looked at a girl and thought he'd want to do more than just converse and be friends.

There was never a time he looked at a girl and said she was the most beautiful thing in the world.

His thought process was quickly interrupted by his cat mewling to notify him of someone's entrance.

"Morning King." Tsukishima walked in and Kageyama scowled as the blonde snickered.

"How many times do I have to tell you I'm not a King." Kageyama rolled his eyes.

"Sure, sure. The first carriage is almost here." Tsukishima told him.

The blonde started working for him a couple years ago when his parents decided to appoint someone his age to care for him when he begged for a friend.

This was 'the best' his parents could do.

----------

"Thank you all for coming." Kageyama's father began the party.

Kageyama began to tune him out though. Most of what he said was just a repeat from a meeting a couple weeks ago and then something about his sister and the coronation that hasn't even been given a date.

And once Kageyama's father finished, he called everyone to the dance floor. He gestured for Kageyama to choose a girl to dance with.

He sighed but found a quiet girl who didn't seem to be too interested in him.

"Care for a dance?" He bowed a little and had his hand out waiting.

The girl seemed hesitant at first but took his hand for a dance.

As he straightened himself back up, from across the table he locked eyes with a man.

Surprisingly Kageyama's heart fluttered as the man gave him a smirk before telling the rest of the table a since joke to which only 1 of the other 4 people there laughed to.

"The name is Kiyoko Shimizu. That's my step brother Kuroo Tetsurou." She told Kageyama as they made their way into the dance floor.

"Yes. I believe the rest there were Bokutou, Daichi, Oikawa, and Yachi?" Kageyama's parents made sure to educate him of the nobles, royal and other rich families.

Kiyoko nodded her head as they began to dance to the slow and soft music.

"I also would like to inform you that I'm not interested in you. Not that I have enough information on you to judge but I'm just not interested." She spoke clearly and he told her the feeling was mutual.

Kageyama and Kiyoko continued dancing in silence as they both weren't looking at each other now and were just fulfilling their parent's wishes.

As they turned a little Kageyama found Kuroo's eyes again. This time the gaze was more intense and Kageyama slightly blushed under it.

He felt like he was one of the girls chasing after him now.

"We're staying here tonight as we do live long distance. Is there any tips on how to get away for a late night stroll in the city?" Kiyoko asked.

Kageyama was taken aback. First of all no one had informed him that they would have guests, and second someone who seemed to have much status wants to escape the castle for some time.

"Without an escort, sneak through the garden. Usually the guys over there just talk so they have open spaces and are distracted. There's a spot with red roses, go around them and sneak past the bush behind them." Kageyama had leaned in and whispered because why not? If this was her way of rebelling somehow, so be it.

"Thank you." They both let go of each other when the song ended and bowed before going over to their rightful tables.

----------

"Well if it isn't Tobio Kageyama." Kuroo prowled down the hall to Kageyama as he was preparing for bed a couple hours after the banquet finished.

"Good evening Kuroo-san."

"Oh, you can drop the san." Kuroo shrugged and gave him a smirk making Kgeyama feel a little hotter.

"Ok, can I help you with something Kuroo?" Kageyama questioned.

"Just had a question." Kuroo gestured for Kageyama to follow towards Kuroo's room.

"Alright. Maybe I can help." Kageyama said as the door closed.

"I was wondering... what do you do to rebel against your parents? They don't necessarily treat you as a son unless it's royal related." Kuroo then ate some grapes which were set on his bedside table.

"Rebel? And is it that obvious?" Kageyama scratched the back of his neck, embarrassed.

"Not really. Oikawa told me a little bit and I just pieced the puzzle." Kageyama swore under his breath and promised a deathmatch with Oikawa the next time he saw him before looking back to Kuroo.

"Well, I guess I'm lonely sometimes." Kageyama told him.

"Then, why don't you rebel? Do something fun? Even if they won't know about it." Kuroo ate some more grapes.

Kageyama couldn't help but to question himself. Why is he wondering? What does he want? What's the point?

"I could help you?" Kuroo smirked again and Kageyama looked away as he felt his cheeks begin to burn.

"What do you do to rebel?" Kageyama inquired, trying to get the attention off himself.

"This." Kuroo came forward and pulled Kageyama's chin forward to give him a kiss.

"You kiss other men?" Kageyama let out a shaky breath as he stared at Kuroo's lips wanting to feel them against his own again.

"My parents aren't great either. But if we can have each other, they won't matter." Kuroo whispered before they kissed again and again.