𝐱𝐢𝐯

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐃 to trust Tony's Vision, and after receiving intelligence that Ultron was in Sokovia, the heroes decided to rest up for a few hours before getting ready to depart. Adelaide was in her room, making the walls spin with her mind as she suddenly found herself incredibly uncomfortable inside herself. Her mind was inhabited by only her own conscious after she had pushed Wanda out.

God why did she do that? She always pushed people away, her only personality trait. She sat, cross legged, staring at the walls as they twisted and bent to her will; her face was expressionless. Adelaide's mind blanked.

Time seemed to move so slow when no one was around, it moved so effortlessly. Just as Pietro did, when he sped into her room, able to dodge the moving walls as he sat down next to her on her bed.

'Addie?' He asked, now lying down and facing the ceiling. 'Is it lonely? In the tower I mean.' Her expression didn't change, but the walls started to form sharper angles as her mind twisted and turned, coming up with an answer.

'Not always.' She decided to go with. 'Sometimes it's fun.' She lifted her arm and felt behind her neck at the small piece of metal. Pietro looked up at it, and then sped upwards, touching the small contraption softly, their hands colliding. Adelaide looked behind at him with just her clear blue eyes, not moving her head and the walls conforming to their natural state. He looked at her, and then retracted his hand slightly.

'I'm sorry.' He blurted out, his hair falling over his face. She shook her head and pulled his hand back onto the back of her neck and smiled slightly. He smiled back and then focused on the small chip.

'Does it still hurt?' He asked, pressing different bits and looking for a reaction. She fiddled with her hands in her lap.

'Not anymore, no.' She told him, the walls beginning to spin again. But neither of them noticed, as they sat in each other's presence, Adelaide's mind finally relaxing and opening without her realising.

After Pietro had finished fiddling, he leant back on her bed. She fell down next to him, both of them staring at the white ceiling above them.

'You want to go downstairs and train a little?' He suggested, still staring upwards. She didn't look down either.

'Let me get changed, wait outside for me.' She responded and he got up off her bed, and walked out her room, her slowing the walls to a stop for him. She got up once the door clicked to a close and slid on a sports bra and leggings, and then walked out of her door, eyes colliding with the ivy of his gaze.

They walked together down the winding hallways on the tower, before they came to the large, battered training room. She nodded at him with a smile on her face, and he immediately sped towards her, tripping her up and making her land on her back, whinging with a slight pain slipping down her back.

'You quick bastard...' She complained, getting up and as Pietro laughed at her she shot a dark, black energy between his ankles, before they wrapped around and yanked him so he spun backwards and toppled to the floor. Adelaide laughed hysterically and turned around so her back was to Pietro, and he looked at the deep scars that ran down her back. She didn't notice his staring and carried on laughing at him, until she turned around, ready for him to be about to attack her back, but was met with his piercing green eyes laid upon her from where he sat on the floor.

'What?' She asked still smiling from her victory. He shook his head and got up off of the floor. 'No, seriously, Pietro what is it?' Pietro gestured towards Adelaide's back.

'I'm sorry I've just never seen scars that big.' He said, and Adelaide chuckled lightly. 'How did you get them? If I may ask?' She looked at him with a friendly look upon her face.

'My sister gave me them.' Adelaide answered, remembering the moment and replaying it in her head. Pietro grimaced at the fact and took his head backwards in shock.

'Your... sister gave you those?' He asked and Adelaide nodded, raising her eyebrows at how surprised Pietro looked. Then footsteps echoed around the room as Tony Stark entered the training room.

'I'd like you to step away from my daught-' Tony didn't finish his sentence in embarrassment. Pietro sped out the room in blue streaks, and Tony walked closer over to Adelaide. 'Hey kid I just wanted to say I'm sorry. No one should have to go through what you did and I know you didn't mean to-' Adelaide interrupted the man as she wrapped her arms around him and pulled him into a hug, pushing her head into his shoulder. He hesitated slightly, before giving in to her embrace, a small tear verging on the side of his eyelid, but he batted it away before it could escape.

Adelaide slipped on her black suit (which was really Natasha's old one) ready for the fight. She walked past Wanda's "room", which was really just an old storage room with some of her clothes in it and some shoes for Pietro. Her twin wasn't in there. Adelaide hovered at the entrance to Wanda's room, opening her mind to Wanda, who subconsciously entered it. Wanda acknowledged Adelaide by welcoming her friend into her own consciousness, which Adelaide did. They shared thoughts between each other, neither moving from where they stood and sat, before they suddenly both looked up at each other, their eyes brushing a soft gaze onto the other. Adelaide teleported in front of Wanda, and looked down at the girl, sitting on a padded 'Stark Industries' chair. Wanda gazed up at her, sharing her worries with a simple blink, which Adelaide understood.

'I'm afraid of these powers.' Wanda disclosed across their invisible connection.

'You won't hurt anyone.' Adelaide assured the girl, holding onto her hands with her own.

'I already have.' Wanda spoke gently, remembering the pain she'd caused the team.

'Never me, Wanda.'

They all stumbled onto the Quinjet, Wanda felt Adelaide's fear and held onto her hand softly and looked over at her, but she looked calm as anything. But Wanda knew different, as Adelaide's emotions were her own, just as her's were also Adelaide's.

The team flew in silence, across the sea and then over land, all of them taking in the events of the past week. The jolting of their landing is what snapped them into action, as they talked battling strategies and joked with each other. Adelaide loved this part, the anticipation before a large battle, where the team were in perfect sync, co-existing like starlings. Wanda grabbed Adelaide's hand and smiled at her, to which Adelaide returned her smile with a large hug. Pietro spotted the pair and then joined in, wrapping his arms around the girls. When they departed, Adelaide smiled at the twins.

'We probably won't see each other until after the battle, so... see you then.' She spoke to them, and they both smiled. The Quinjet door opened and all the Avengers rushed out of the jet, cheering and smiling at each other, not a care in the world.