I

Blood covered his hands, the sticky substance coating both his skin and clothes. He stared at the sight beneath him, the man who had produced the blood pitifully looking back up at him with several missing teeth and bruises along his face.

"Yeager," the man spat, blood flying out of his mouth. "Psycho, you're fucking psycho-"

With that Eren threw another punch, landing a blow directly at the man's jaw. The man howled in pain, and Eren reluctantly and finally stood up.

Although in a horrible condition, the man scrambled to his feet, groaning in pain as he shot Eren a glare with venom. "Bastard prince." He muttered, staggering away slowly.

Eren watched as his figure disappeared and glanced at his hands once again. Blood, it's ruby coloured thickness so familiar yet still so uncomfortable. These days it seemed he was always covered in blood.

Mindlessly, he wiped his hands on his clothes, wincing as he pictured his mother's reprimands. His mother would kill him.

He was supposed to be home two hours ago.

The night air was chilly, the cold air surrounding and engulfing him with its coolness. He heard his half-brother before he saw him.

"Eren," Zeke's voice was familiar but not comforting. Eren turned his head slightly to catch a glimpse of his older brother, who as usual, was clad in his pristine and expensive white suit.

"What?" Eren said, eyes locking with those of the same color yet a different shade. Asides from the blond hair, it was almost scary how much Zeke looked like their father, from the round glasses to their nearly identical disapproving frowns.

"Dad and your mom have been waiting," Zeke said blankly without a single shift in his cold gaze. Their relationship had always been tense, something Eren could only blame himself for.

Eren shrugged, shoving his hands into the pockets of his slacks. "Well, they can wait longer."

Zeke wordlessly tilted his head. His gaze pierced at Eren and Eren blew an annoyed breath.

"Where are they?"

Zeke glanced at his watch. "They're still at the ball, dad's giving a speech right about now. You were expected to show up."

"I know," Eren said simply.

"But you didn't."

"Oops."

Any normal person would already be showing signs of annoyance, but this was Zeke, the man whose emotions were nearly impossible to read.

Eren had always been jealous of that trait, wishing he could be as cool-headed and calm as his older brother.

"Eren, you're 23 years old, and you're still not married- Dad's doing this for your own good."

Eren snorted. "You're 33 and you aren't married, you decaying old man. You can be the one to marry Historia instead."

"Shes far too young for me."

"So? You're both adults. You, dad, and mom have got to stop bothering me with this. I don't care about any of this royal marriage relations stuff."

Zekes face was still blank, even as he said, "it's for your own good."

That statement was bullshit, and Eren knew that even Zeke knew that. But they still all treated him like some fucking baby. It annoyed him.

"Lets go." Eren muttered, turning around to follow Zeke. Zeke gave him a small yet false smile, leading Eren towards their ride.

The night sky disappeared as he entered the car, and Eren only stared out the window as his brother began to drive to the place he had been avoiding all night.