I

Sunflower Marie May

"Oh Sunny! These Daisy's are absolutely gorgeous! I still can't believe you managed to grow them in your garden, so big and beautiful!" Mrs Darcy exclaimed in delight, as her long curly salt and pepper hair danced around her plump cream colored face, a beautiful scarlet red hue settling on her cheeks due to the chilly autumn air.

Mrs Darcy was Sunny's oldest and most loyal customer, she had been coming to Sunny's flower shop since it opened nearly six years ago.

Of course back then her husband, John Darcy, was the one to make more of an appearance, ever so often buying his lovely wife a set of white Daisy's, to surprise her with on his way home from his day out.

"Mrs Darcy you flatter me too much, really they're just normal Daisy's" Sunny replied modestly, as she carefully wrapped them in brown parchment paper for Mrs Darcy.

The truth was that Sunny's Daisy's, more less all of her flowers always grew very big and vibrant in color. Weather it was due to the fertilizer she used or plainly her love and passion for gardening, nobody knew.

What they did know was those were the best flowers in town.

"Oh hush now child! Modesty has always been your weakness learn how to take a compliment" Mrs Darcy playfully scolded the  petite girl, causing her to blush although you could not entirely tell due to her rich dark brown skin tone. Mrs Darcy had teased her enough in one lifetime to know exactly how Sunny looked when she tried to hide a blush.

"Mrs Darcy I'll have you know that I do know how to take a compliment just fine" Sunny said as she turned her back towards Mrs Darcy, looking through the shelf to get a pretty cream ribbon to tie the bouquet with.

"Yes yes and pigs fly, Sunny you taking a compliment is like flirting with a wall" Mrs Darcy shoots back smoothly as she leans her frame onto the glass counter top.

Gasping loudly Sunny shoots the old lady a glare "Are you comparing me to a wall Margret? " Sunny asks in a tone of faux hurt.

"Yes Sunflower  I actually am, if you went out and finally found a decent young lad you would be able to get used to being complimented" Mrs Darcy explains to Sunny.

"I do not need a boyfriend Margret"Sunny quickly dismisses the conversation, knowing exactly where it was heading.

She had heard it one too many times over the years, especially from Margret Darcy and her husband John. Every time they came in to buy flowers or order a bouquet or arrangement they would always bring up Sunny's love life, or lack of, saying how a beautiful young woman like herself shouldn't be cooped up in a tiny shop selling flowers all day, that there was a whole world to explore.

Honestly they were right, Sunny would never admit that to them anyways, but she was lacking in the boyfriend department and the loneliness was killing her.

Its not like men didn't want her, men often threw themselves at her and who could blame them.

Although short in height she had a full figure to make up for it; wide hips, full B cup breasts a slim waist and a round and plump behind. Not to mention Sunny was easy on the eyes; her round heart shaped face, big brown almond eyes and plump pink lips.

She was a catch, her kind and caring personality with a heart of gold, any man would be lucky to have her.

However Sunflower was never into the whole dating scene, be it from her busy schedule or simply because no man had ever caught her attention in such a way, she had just not explored that part of her life yet.

But she could admit she did often wonder what if felt like to fall in love.

"Everyone needs love Sunny! You're not getting any younger and I want grand kids" Mrs Darcy exclaims in frustration