Milla's Dilemma CH1

Okay so this is my first story on here and I'm  just feeling things out to see what people think.

If the story has pipped your interest then please lemme know.

Chapter One

Milla’s POV

It was the sound of her footsteps that had me yanking my bed covers over my head. I knew my bedroom door was about to be slammed open and I really didn’t want to get out of bed. 

“Milla Harris, get your damn ass out of that bed now, we’ve got things to do!” She shouted, two seconds before my door flew open. “Come on woman, we’ve got shops waiting for us!”

“Go away Sam,” I mumbled through the bed covers. I knew I had false hope that she would actually go away and I was right as she jumped on my bed and ripped that covers off me. 

“You are not lying in bed all day again. You are getting dressed and we’re going shopping,” she glared down at me with her hands on her hips. If she wasn’t my best friend, I would totally kick her off my bed.  

“Sammmmmy…….” I groaned, “I don’t want to” I threw my arms over my eyes, blocking out her glaring face.

"I swear to god Milla, if you are not up and dressed in half an hour I’m guna tell Cooper about your almighty crush on him” Sam smirked as she jumped back off my bed and sauntered out of my room.

    I scrambled from my bed and chased after her, “Samantha Richards, don’t u dare!” I screamed as she ran down the stairs.

    The door opposite mine flew open and my eldest brother Parker stood scowling at me, “Do you have to scream Milla, there are people trying to sleep” he snapped.

    “Sorry Park, Sam’s being an idiot as usual” I said sheepishly as he rubbed the sleep from his face.

    “Whatever, just stop the shouting Mill, I didn’t get in till late”

    “Will do, sorry” I muttered as I backed back into my room. He grunted and swung his door shut.

    I headed towards my shower, might as well get dressed seeing as I was up. Ten minutes later I was in my closet trying to find something that reflected my mood. My black jeans with the ripped knees, I grabbed a plain strappy top and some underwear and quickly pulled them on.

    Sitting in front of my dresser I scowled at the mirror. I wasn’t an ugly girl, I admit I was quite pretty, I had a small button nose, fairly nice lips, nice green eyes, my light brown hair used to be really long until I’d thrown a strop and had it all chopped off, now it was so short I looked like a pixie and I‘d dyed dark red. I was quite slender, I was 5 foot 7 and I had an okay figure although I wished my breasts were a little bigger, but who didn’t want bigger breasts.

    I didn’t bother with any makeup, just quickly blow dried my hair and I was ready to go. Grabbing my trainers, I slipped them on and reached for the shirt that was hanging on the rail closest to me. I hesitated for five seconds before pulling it on. It had belonged to Cooper before he’d left it one weekend and I’d claimed it.

    Leaving my room and heading downstairs my mind wondered to Cooper. He was my brother Ethan’s best friend, they were only a year older than me and I’d been in love with him for what seemed like forever. He was always around he house, he slept over here more times than he did at his own house and oh crap there he was again propping up the kitchen counter eating some toast.

    I took a deep breath before entering, he always made my knees weak. And in the mood I was in, I’d probably either faint or cry in front of him.

    “Morning munchkin, sleep okay?” Cooper asked brushing his hand over my hair.

    I shook his touch from me and headed for the coffee, “Fine” I muttered keeping my back to him, I could feel his eyes on me and I knew if I looked at him I’d start blushing. I grabbed my mug from the shelf and poured what was left in the pot and added milk n sugar. I stood stirring, waiting for him to leave so I could turn round.

    Am arm coming over my shoulder made me jump, “you’re guna stir a hole in the bottom if u carry on” My whole body froze as he pressed against my back, he took the spoon and placed it on the side before taking my mug and stepping away from me. I turned to see him drinking my coffee.

    “That’s mine,” I snapped holding my hand out. I couldn’t help but look up at his perfect face, he had the bluest eyes I’d ever seen and he had a dimple in his cheek when he grinned, which was what he was doing now. He ran a hand over his hair as he looked down at me, I felt my heart speed up slightly. He looked so good. He was wearing faded blue jeans which fit him as if they were made especially for him and another of his shirts, all I could think about was how good he smelled and how close he was stood in front of me.

    “Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed,” he took another sip of my coffee making me scowl even more. “And if you want to play that game, isn’t that my shirt your wearing,” his grin grew bigger.

    “Have it” I snapped stomping from the kitchen, grabbing my wallet n keys from the table in the hallway. “Sam, I’ll be in the car” I called heading outside to my car. I could hear Cooper laughing softly behind me and my mood grew even worse. I got in the car and slammed the door closed as Sam came running out the house. I fired up the engine as she got in.

    “You okay?” she asked pulling her seat belt on.

    “Nope, but I will be once I get away from that asshole” I ground out through clenched teeth as I pulled away from the house.

    “Huh huh…..okay then, lets go shop” Sam knew me better than anyone and knew I was only calling him an asshole because he frustrated me. “Well, hopefully he’ll be gone when we get back” she smiled hopefully.

    “Yea right, when is he not at my house, with his perfect face and perfect body” I grumbled stepping on the gas as I pulled out of the drive. Hopefully shopping would put me in a better mood, we had a party to go to tonight and I wanted to enjoy myself for once.