#1: All the Possibilities

Beep!~ Beep~!

The clock strikes 7:00 am. Slowly opening her eyes, she realized that she was still in her school uniform with the book lying down on her stomach. The cat meowed hearing the rustling of her clothes. "Are you hungry? You could have woke me up", she yawned and sat down. The black cat jumped on her lap butting its head on her arms. "I know. Let's go and make our breakfast", she carried the cat in her arms as she made her way to the kitchen.

She read a note in the fridge.

Arisa, sorry for leaving this early. I already bought some bread and your cat's food. They're at the cupboard. I'll be returning late at night so you can eat dinner without me.

-Mom

"I already told her that your name is Ryu", Arisa looked down at the cat in her arms. "Meow~", it responded. Arisa had a small smile and dropped the cat to wash her face. After preparing for breakfast, the 17-year-old lady gathered all the garbage in their apartment. Tomorrow is the garbage day and her mother might be late to fix them so she prepared in advance. Two hours passed and the day is still young.

The house had been cleaned yesterday so there are no chores left to do. The laundry is already folded neatly. The telephone rang.

Arisa-chwan!!! Are you free today? Today marks the first day of our summer vacation. Do you want to tag along? We're going to have bowling!!!

Class Pres. My apologies that you have to call me. I have nothing else to do but if you wait for me, you will be the one who'll be late.

I know you'd be saying that. No worries. I am also waiting for Kaede.

Where are you right now?

I'm at the train station. We'll be meeting here as well.

I'll try to get there after 10 minutes.

Arisa changed her clothes and pat her cat goodbye before locking the apartment.

Train Station

A brown-haired man with eyeglasses tilted his head as he saw Arisa running towards him. "That was just 5 minutes, Nakara. Your place is near the station?", Ishikawa Hayato, the class president looked at his phone. Arisa panted and wiped her sweat with her handkerchief. "I wasn't going to leave you if you spend more time to look for what you're going to wear", Hayato felt hot with Arisa's turtle neck and pair of jeans.

"Sorry, Hayato. Did you wait that long?", they heard someone's voice. Arisa turned and moved on the side. The ash-grey head bowed his head. For such a long time, Arisa always wondered why the school would allow someone to dye their hair with a bold color. With his handsome face, his hair added to his image of a prince. "Ah. I forgot to tell you that we're also going with Nakara. You're fine with that, right?", Hayato seemed worried. "Yes sure. Shall we go?", Gen Kaede gave a smile. Nakara bowed her head and followed behind.

"I didn't know that Nakara-san is also interested in these activities. Was it because I said that Kaede is coming?", Hayato chuckled. Arisa just had a straight face and Kaede peeked to look at her reaction. "There's nothing much to do at home. I already did all the household chores. Plus, it's my last year in high school", she answered while looking at the road. "I'm happy then. I will be praised by the teacher because I was able to call you in-class activity, although it's not an official school activity", Hayato chuckled. "But then, Gen-san isn't in class 3-2, why is he here with us?", Arisa asked without hesitation. Hayato nearly tripped. "You see. I know you're stuck with studies and you like getting lost in your own world but Kaede is always the life of the party. My plan to make our class closer will fail if I will not give the best bait", Hayato clenched his fist and raised it as if it was a victory pose. "Tough being a president, then", Arisa commented.

"Nakara. You're also a woman, right? Aren't you enticed with Kaede?", Hayato hummed. Arisa looked at Kaede's back. "Hayato, it's not proper for you to ask uncomfortable questions", Kaede slightly flicked on Hayato's forehead. Arisa knew that those two lads are popular in school. Regardless of Hayato's nerdy look, girls are attracted to him.

They arrived at the arcade. They can already hear the loud noises coming from the class. "I forgot. You're also rich, aren't you? Class pres", Arisa added to the reason why Hayato is popular. "What's with the random question?", Hayato sweatdropped.

Arcade House

The students are already playing. Since the place was large enough, couches and tables are scattered as resting places for those who don't want to play. "You rented the whole place?", Kaede looked around and saw just a number of people.

"Kyah!!! School Pres!", the girls crowded around Kaede.

"You're the best, Class pres!"

Hayato had his chin raised high. Arisa had a short chuckle and went to sit on the empty couch. Someone sat beside her. "I wasn't expecting you to be here", the man crossed his feet and cross his arms. Arisa imagined it like a gangster leeching to get money. She stared at his black shirt and tattered jeans. "The same goes to you, Minori-san", Arisa sighed. "Souta, call me by my name. I hate hearing my surname", Souta clicked his tongue. "Then, what made you come here as well, Souta?", Arisa asked. The man coughed and covered his lower face. "You're the one who asked me to call you that way", Arisa leaned on her palm while watching Kaede swarmed by female and male classmates.

"You don't have any reservation. Well, it's not like you mind those trivial matters", Souta looked in the direction of her stares. "It's my last year in high school", Arisa opened. "And so?", Souta furrowed his brow. "My mother will cry again", she answered. Souta wasn't sure of the connection. "She was always whining about me having friends and having a normal high school life. I think she's just too worried", Arisa sighed again. Souta sat properly and looked at Arisa's eyes. "Your mom is right. You're not normal. You don't have any friends in school. You eat lunch alone. Also, you go home straight after school", Souta said with irritation. Arisa shifted her attention to Souta. "How did you know?", Arisa was curious. Souta's sweat is forming. "Idiot, because I was-", their conversation was interrupted by Hayato sitting in the middle.

Hayato saw Souta's flustered face. "Oops! Did I interrupted something?" Hayato covered his mouth. "You did not. I already showed up. Hurry up with your group picture so I can go home", Souta grunted. "Not too fast, Minori", Hayato raised his eyeglass. Souta slapped his mouth right away. "I told you not to call me by that name", his eye was twitching. "Areh~ help me, Nakara", Hayato cried for help. Arisa looked the other way. He saw a whack a mole machine and no one was playing it. Souta saw her stares and grabbed her arm.

"We should as well make that bastard pay", Souta handed the hammer to Arisa. "Uhm", Arisa tried to hit a mouse in the hole but failed. She lost balance and Souta held unto her waist. "Kyah! Got that picture", another female student shouted after they heard the shuttering of the camera. She's wearing a knee-high skirt and a fancy blouse. "I dressed well for Souta but he didn't invite me to play. That's unfair", the female student pouted. "Who said I wanted to be here?", Souta lets go of Arisa.

"Well, if you're not going to play with me, I have the prince to keep me amused", Isobe Nao, the curly brown-haired lady winked at Souta. "But then, Nakara-san. You arrived here with the prince, it's also the first time I saw you join a classroom activity. Are you doing this to get his attention?", Nao's face changed. It was as if she was prepared for a battle. Coincidentally, Kaede also passed by and heard what Nao said. He was about to talk but saw Souta glaring at him.

"I wanted to tell my mom that I went here and had some fun", Arisa looked at Nao with a straight face.

Chapter end.