DISCLAIMER

TO TAME INSTINCTS
DISCLAIMER

THE BEASTARS FRANCHISE BLONGS TO PARU ITAGAKI, I DO NOT TAKE OWNERSHIP OVER HIS WORK AT ALL AND ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED. HOWEVER, I DO CLAIM MY OCs; REKKA, THE URSIDAE FAMILY, VIRA SONG, THITI CHAO, AND HACHI. AS WELL AS SPECIFIC IMAGES, FOR EXAMPLE: CHAPTERS' BANNERS, BOOK COVER'S EDITING, AND POSSIBLE CHARACTER DESIGN ART IN THE FUTURE.

¡Warnings!

This book contains mature scenes and extremely sensitive topics, eg. sex trafficking, rape, language, drug use [consensual and non-consensual], gore/blood, slight suicidal tendencies, mature 18+ content, etc.

Author's Note

Oof, okay, so I have recently gotten into a new manga/anime, and the plot, art, and character development are on point. So much so that I wanted to try my hand at a new setting/story development. Now, before I go exposing myself, let me explain how I got here.

At first, the anime was recommended to me on Netflix and I was a little weirded out by it, but gave it a shot nonetheless. It's CGI and only had one season (at the time), and after doing a little digging I found out the CGI company where the anime was directed from is Orange Co., Ltd. Which explained the dramatic movement, clean character display, and remarkable backgrounds. The animation alone was strikingly different from Kengan Ashura or even Land of Lustrous. So, it's only natural for me to be hooked and looking for a second season a year later. I watched it, loved it, but was curious about it more considering I had spent the year prior (when it first came out) doing a studious amount of research on it. I met characters I hadn't met yet, and fell in love, and learned there was a plot so big that I wasn't expecting it from such a particular setting.

Which meant, I had to read the manga.

And that's exactly what I did. I read through nearly two hundred chapters, and essentially balled my eyes out towards the end. I searched on multiple writers and fanfiction platforms for any story that could remotely connect the reader to the setting/plot in the same degree it had with the manga and its readers. Now, I'm not saying there weren't a few which caught my eye enough to stay throughout the whole book just to see where it was going, but it wasn't what I expected. This fandom has so much potential to unfurl their creativity and leave behind writer's block once 'n for all, but most are too uneasy to try. And then there were the other fanfics, the ones with so much potential, yet not enough positive reinforcement that their thoughts and hard work washed down the drain as they abandoned near masterpieces.

This brings us here.

Obviously, I wanted to try something new and totally out of my comfort zone. But it had to be dramatic, it had to have a beyond decent plot idea and character introduction, and it needed to be aesthetically pleasing. If I was to ever touch this fandom, I needed to not only be ready but prepared. And I believe I outdid myself this time around, granted I'm sure it could use some work as not a single soul is without flaws. Regardless tho I do believe it might be worth posting soon.

Oh, I'm sorry, what's this new fandom I just ranted about at 4:24 in the morning? It's Beastars, love. Yes, I'm talking about some furry shit that (when I use that specific word) makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable. Yet, the anime isn't exactly furry style or has anything to do with that fetish. It's more about discrimination, and actually resembles a lot with what we're going through now (minus the quarantine and disease-riddled outside). There's so much character development, unique art style, and in each chapter, you end up falling in love with every single character even the ones you think you'll hate.

Whew, glad I got this off my chest, now let's discuss the fandom I'm jumping into.

I first started off with one story during my rough draft processing, and while continuing to read the manga, fell in love with the main antagonist. And instead of switching up the plot or characters and their canon, I decided to make a second book. Both stories will intertwine at one point during their course towards the climax, but are read individually. There will be warnings! This story will have ALOT of triggering events, I do not plan to skip out on inquietude. The first story consists of the OC's background through sex trafficking where she is the obvious victim and continues to suffer until her whole symbol shifts; and she's not the individual she once was. Next, in the other story the OC is sold off more as an item due to her rarity in species and exotic appearance. She's a carnivore bought by herbivores who get a sick twist in owning control over such a potentially dangerous self. Her whole personality is very monotone, she holds no opinion through how she's raised and only exceeds in being useful in any way possible — she feels life needs to have meaning.

That's all I'm giving out for information at this time, altho I don't mind answering questions now or when I post.

Thanks for listening to my ted talk and enjoy the story! :)