Baking Bread

" Kenny, stop moving your arm so much! You're knocking flour out of the bowl, you only need to move your wrist. " Damian scolds, noticing this flour wastage.

" Sorry, sorry Fangsy. It's just more fun this way! Plus, it's easier to actually hold the spoon when I do that. Don't question how this stuff works, it's easier to not. "
Kenny smiles, putting even more elbow power into his stirs.

" I'm quite certain it would take less energy to simply rotate your wrist if— *sigh* Here. Let me take over. You can spot the loaf in the oven. "

Kenny laughs and goes off to the oven. Taking a deep breath in, he can smell the now-cooking bread.
Today is Sunday, the day they chose to bake 2 loaves of bread every week. One sourdough, the other focaccia.

Usually they try to share with everyone in the house, but Touma and Neva eat it too fast most of the time.
Damian and Kenny, more often that not, only manage to eat it straight from the oven before the others come packing like wolves to the loaves.

Hanging out by the oven, Kenny tries to start up conversation
" Who do you think will come down first? My money's on Touma. Using that nose of his, he'll know the second it's done. "

" No Touma's out right now. I say Reuven. The kid's in the study I believe, he's going to hear the oven beep. Perhaps he'll even see it coming before, we never truly know with him. "

" Ohhhhh that's right! All this noise is probably bugging the hell out of him too, eh? " Kenny goes up and elbows him in the side.

Damian -clearly a little annoyed- goes back to mixing dough.
Kenny frowns and turns, leaving for the oven again... until he feels something poof on his back.. Flour.

" Oh it's on! "

The two throw flour and kitchen utensils back and forth in their own sort of playful war, until they hear the oven timer beep.

" Ah shoot, guess the next loaf should be ready now. Is it? " He asks, worried.

The other only sighs and pops a tin into the oven. Being productive like he is, that's been set up for quite a while.

" Of course. Who do you think I am, Casper? "
Kenny smiles sweetly at the use of that nickname, and leans on Damian's shoulder.
He turns to pull him close, burying his face into Kenny's chest.

Practically melting, they stay there for a moment.. only interrupted by a quiet voice asking

" So... is that bread ready..? "