Trick-or-Treat

Katsuki didn't have that many friends when he was little. He often minded his own business and does not want to be interrupted at any cost, making the other children at his school avoid him everytime they see him. Not that he cares, he preferred it that way. Almost everyone at his kindergarten -teachers and students- leaves him be and isolates him, he didn't care. He doesn't need those extras anyways because he only needed one person in his life. Deku.

He met him on his way home one afternoon. The latter was just standing there on the middle of the road, staring at the sky as the clouds starts to darken. He stopped his movements then stared at the boy. He had green curly hair and his skin was pale white, as if he hadn't been outside for a long time. He had freckles on his face and from the looks of it, the boy was an inch shorter than him, although, he couldn't see his eyes. He didn't know what happened to him in that moment as for this was the first time he had ever been interested in other people's business cause, the boy just seemed so sad. Without any further, he shouted at the boy, asking him what he was doing standing in the middle of the road before adding his next words.

"You got a death wish or something?!" He yelled, startling the green-haired boy.

The boy shooked his head before replying back.

"N-no, it-s not l-like that..."

Katsuki wasn't convinced but he didn't pushed the boy any more further, screaming at him to come at his side before giving him a lecture then offered to walk back home together. The boy had told him that his house wasn't that far away from where Katsuki had seen him and was also on his way home. When they were nearing Katsuki's house, the boy, Deku, as he likes to call himself, took off while shouting his goodbye at the blonde. Katsuki didn't had the time to say his reply as Deku had already disappeared in his line of sight.

'What a weirdo', he thought to himself before walking up to his front porch and opening the door. And ever since then, the two had become the best of friends.

Everyday Deku would wait for Katsuki at where they had first met, shouting out the nickname he gave to Katsuki then asking him how school was. The blonde would just shrug and reply back the same answer as always.

"Shitty".

"*gasp*, Kacchan! How many times do i have to tell you that that's a no-no word!" Deku scolded, pouting at his friend while the blonde laughs.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

The same routine of them meeting at their usual meeting spot, and Deku asking him how school was, went on and on till a year passed by.

Ever since the day Katsuki had met Deku, he started to smile more. Something that his parents rarely see him do. One day, his parents asked him what made him so happy that he always had a smile on his face whenever he got home from school. The blonde would then grin from ear to ear then boast to his parents about him finally making a friend after 4 years of being alone. His parents were, albeit, ecstatic as their son was finally acknowleding the people surrounding him. They were weary about their son always saying that he didn't need a companion to not feel alone, so knowing that their son had finally accepted another person in his life, they didn't need to feel so worried about him anymore....Until Katsuki had finally introduced his so called-friend to his parents that they started to feel worried again, only this time they were more anxious than before.

As another year was about to pass, Katsuki was nothing but excited to finally have somebody to trick-or-treat with as November was coming in close. The kids in his neighborhood were too frightened to ask him to join them so he always trick-or-treat alone, but this time he wouldn't be alone. He got Deku, they'll be trick-or-treating till their old enough to be trick-or-treating. Better make every year count then, he couldn't wait.