Charlotte's light!

As I lie in bed i think about what it would be light to have magic powers, to see the future, to see the light at the end of this dark tunnel..... 

"Charlotte we're leaving in 10 minutes, if you're not ready we are going without you" yelled mum, already I could tell she was in a bad mood again! "Okay" I replied. We were going to our town's annual show, it's pretty boring but my brother wants to go. 

I jumped into the car of voices screaming at each other, my parents were fighting like never before. Idon't know why, they're my parents they're supposed to love each other. They yelled and scream the whole way to the show. As soon as we got there I jump out of the car and walk away I just kept walking until I came to what I thought was a red circus tent. I walked inside, it looked...Magical! No one was inside. I turned around and there appeared a middle aged lady. "You want to know your future?" she said. I hesitated for a bit but then I thought what harm can it do and said "yes". 

She sat me down in front of her weird magic crystal ball like one you would see in all those weird movies that no one watches. She asked me what I wanted to know, I asked if I was ever going to see the light at the end of this dark tunnel. 

She rubbed her hands on the magical ball and said "There are darker times to come but they won't last long, after that the light will come to stay". "Thankyou" I said as I walked out of the tent wondering what the lady was talking about. 

It was twelve o'clock so I thought I'd better go and find my parents. I looked everywhere; I thought I was never going to find them. Then I felt a cold hand grab my arm I screamed! 

"Where am I? Where's my family?" I called but no one was there, I looked around and realised I was the same size as the ants. "What has happened? Who did this? What's going on?" I thought to myself. "How do I get back to my normal life? There has to be a way." 

First I needed to find a safe place, so walked until I found a pipe, it was dark and I didn't know where it was going but I was willing to take that risk and walk down the tunnel. 

It was dirty but I just kept walking down it for what felt like days. It was quiet and straight. I had to fight of a few huge spiders, ants and even one rat but it was worth it, I bet them all and finally I could see the light at the end of this dark tunnel. It was very distant but I could see it so I started to run. I was tired but I just kept running all the way out. 

I looked out of the tunnel, I saw a giant red house, I walked over and touched the giant walls. They were soft and not very stable. Then I realised it wasn't a house it was a tent just like the one I was in at the show, the magical one. Maybe it was this magical tent that started this, maybe it could take me back to my normal sized life I thought to myself. So I started to find the door, I finally found it and slipped into the room I was in last time. 

The middle aged lady was sitting there in front of her magical ball. "Do you know how to change me back to my normal size" I asked but she couldn't hear me I was too small! Then I had an idea, I saw a funnel that had fallen off the shelf. I ran over and grabbed it. "Do you know how to change me back?" I yelled through the funnel. 

"Who is that?" She replied. "Me, Charlotte, I am down here" I yelled back. She looked down at me, "yes I do have something to fix that, but how did you get like that?" she said looking puzzled. "I am not sure, it happened after I came here last" I yelled. She looked confused but she picked up a small jar and handed it to me, "eat this" she said, "it will take you back to your normal life". "Thank you" I said as I ate the disgusting mixture. 

I woke up in the tent with the magic lady, "what time is it?" I asked still drowsy from what I had just eaten. "Twelve o'clock" she informed me "you better get back to the show for lunch" As I walked out of the tent I wondered about what had just happened to me. 

I walked back the same way I did last time but this time I was careful I looked around everywhere, I saw something small sitting on a log, it was only like 2cm tall. I walked over to the log to see what it was; it was like a tiny little green elf. It looked at me and said "hey I shrunk you why are you so big now?" I was so annoyed at this little green evil elf for shrinking me that I just picked it up and shoved it in my pocket and then quickly ran back to the magic red tent and showed him to the lady. I told her what he send to me and she said looking down at him "I know this elf; he comes here all the time looking for trouble. He must of stolen the shrinking mixture of the shelf when he came here last and then used it to shrink you." "But how did he end up tiny too?" I asked looking at this tiny elf in my palm. "Yes how?" Said the lady also looking at the tiny elf. "okay, okay I will tell you" yelled the elf. "After I shrunk Charlotte I was walking home with the rest of the shrinking mixture still in the jar open. I tripped on a tree root and some of the mixture went in my mouth. Not know what it was I swallowed it. And then within a few minutes I was tiny!" "but why did you kidnap me and shrink me?" I asked. "About that......" said the little elf. "Well I only did it for a bit of fun. I stole the mixture from Heathers (the lady's) shelf and then you were the next person I saw. I am really sorry" "that's alright" I replied "it was actually kind of fun being small." "Anyways Charlotte now that that's sorted out you better get back to the show, why I change the little elf back to his original size"  

So I walked back to the show to find my parents and my little brother setting up a picnic for us to share as a family. We last together for the rest of the day. 

As I lay in bed tonight I think about what it was like to be tiny and what it was like to see the future and how the light at the end of the tunnel has finally come. Now I just hope it never leaves....