Your Eyes

The windows of the soul; opening the true intentions of even the most secretive.

The betrayal with eyes of brown - almost gold.
The truth with eyes of blue - like the ocean waves crashing onto itself.
The lies with hazel eyes.
BUT - there was something new...
There was sincerity with eyes of green - a hint of brown - creating a more unique and memorable shade.

Betrayal brown eyes I saw nothing but the exterior - the advantage - nothing more than an object of desire; only to throw me away after, leaving me alone and afraid.

Truthful blue eyes saw beauty where I didn't see it - never saw it - but when they speak, I feel safe and know the words spoken from their lips are true; they're a best friend I can turn to.

Ignorance and lies in hazel eyes I once believed wholeheartedly - but realization struck; they never saw any beauty, or any sense of importance - false hope and infatuation, but worst of all...pity.

My faith was restored - gradually.
They were different from the rest; entering from my past, eyes I thought I'd never see you again. The flame that I thought extinguished from within me. The connection I feared was long lost - forgotten forever.

The one with eyes of green - green is emerald stone - saw me, the REAL me as a person, not an object or an infatuation. There was no lies, deceit, betrayal nor pity.  Their eyes held truth and sincerity, opening a door I never imagined would open for someone like me.

...the door to love, understanding and true happiness...