Chapter 1 - Where It All Begins

"help me.... help me...."
Lyvia ran through the small dark forest nearby her house. Just a few minutes ago, the girls mother was beating her relentlessly just for accidently walking into her mother. This poor 7 year old child panting, with tears streaming down on her face, was running from that terrible place. That absolute hell she called home. Her mother never use to be like that. She use to be one of the kindest women she knew. Lyvia,  her mother and her father were so close and happy, until the day her father left of course. He told his wife and daughter he would be back but never returned, not once in the 2 years he has been gone. Through this time her mother went insane and slowly blamed it all on her daughter. So that takes us back to the present.

She continued to run through the thick bushes until she heard voices in the distance. She swiftly looked around and found a little bush that was big enough for her to fit and hide in. She crunched down and completely hid herself through the rough, dry leaves.
The voices were coming closer
And closer
And closer
"I swear I heard someone running over here guys!" The cheery loud voice of a young boy suddenly came out.
"Yeah I can also smell something" a seemingly tired sounding voice added.
"Oh I hope it's an adorable little animal!" An energetic girly voice beamed.

Oh no, they keep getting closer. What will I do if they find me? She shut her eyes shut as hard as she could hoping that they would just pass by. But oh, was she wrong. Lyvia realised that the sound of talking and movement had stopped, so she opened her eyes to see 3 young children her age hovering above her. But she also noticed something else. She looked at the children in front of her longer only to realise that they each had something weird about them.
The girl on the left had weird black swirls under her eyes with beautiful long white hair. The boy on the right had fluffy ears and a big fluffy tail. The final boy in the middle had two small horns, two wings and a long scaily tail.

What on earth?

Suddenly the young boy in the middle knelt down and came closer while he observed her "What's your family blood?"

What?

"Uh w-what? What family blood?"
The three kids in front of her all looked at eahother puzzled until the boy who observed her beamed "Are you a human?!?"

"Um.. yes?"

All three childrens eyes widened "WOAH"
Lyvia just started at them with her tear filled eyes, baffled at what they were so excited about.
"My mummy always told me humans are extremely rare, since there is apparently a magical barrier stopping humans and magic bloods to be in the same world" the young girl came up right in front of her face excitedly, examining her head to toe.

"W-Wait what, I'm so confused" Lyvia could feel the tears about to stream down again.

"That's understandable I guess" the boy in the back added in, looking at her as if she was an animal exotic and rare animal in a zoo.

"A-are those all real?" Lyvia asked with widened eyes, pointing to their ears and tails. She badly wanted to touch the tails and ears but was too afraid to ask.
"Oh that's right, humans all have the same ears and don't get tails, right?"

"Uh yea" Lyvia still couldn't believe that these kids had animal ears and tails on them.

"How did you find this place anyway?" The boy who was right in front of her asked, looking at her with beautiful beaming ruby red eyes.
"Oh, well..." Lyvia looked away from his gorgeous eyes before trying her best to not let the bunch of tears that had collected over this talk to start rushing out. "...I ran away from my mum, and from home since she was trying to beat me up again."

The three kids all looked at her with sympathetic eyes. A sneeky tear escaped from her grasp which she swiftly wiped away. "Now I'm lost and I don't know how I even ended up here. I'm in this weird land that has animal people. Im terrified right now." She said as she curled up into a ball and put her face into her knees. A few more droplets of water escaped from her.

The boy that had come close to her had swiftly stood up and smiled. "Well since you are lost and don't know how to get back, why don't you just come with us and you can stay at my place until you can find a way home?, I'm sure I can convince my parents to let you stay since we have plenty of guestrooms available" The boy asked while reaching out his hand to her. Lyvia slowly liftes her head to notice his small hand in front of her face. She looked at his hand and back to his face a couple of times, before slowly grabbing it. It was full of warmth which immediately warmed her up, unlike her mother's icy cold touch which she hoped to never feel again.

The boy brought her up to her feet in one pull. "The names Alexander, but you can call me Alex"
The girl rushed to her side and linked arms with her. "My name's Liliana, but everyone calls my Lily"
"My name's Issac" the tired looking boy came closer and shook his head a little as a little greeting

"Hello, I'm Lyvia"

Little did she know what events would unfold in the future.