Chapter One

Dylan

"Are you decent?" Xaviers voice sounded from the other side of my bedroom door.

"Not morally, but i'm wearing clothes if that's what you're asking," I said jumping onto my bed.

Xavier stepped in, shutting the door softly behind him, not wanting to wake up Max.

"Funny" he whispered, rolling his eyes.

"Tell me again why it is you're standing in my room?"

'Because in the future you are going to marry a famous gang-leader who is later going to attack and bomb a nuclear station that will diminish the entire American and European continent, causing the rest of the world to go into utter chaos." He said boredly, as if he were a school-teacher explaining an easy task for the tenth time.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Confused? Welcome to my world.

Xavier

"Father wants to speak to us,' my brother, Tylon stood at my bedroom doorway tapping his foot quickly, a habit inherited by my father when he was under stress.

"Why?" I sigh reluctantly leaving the comfort of my bed.

"It's about the humans" He said, his voice serious and I knew it wasn't anything good.

My father was in his usual spot, seated behind his large oak desk, his study gleaming red from glowing orb that floated in all its glory in the corner of the room. It's existence made everyone uncomfortable whenever they entered the room. It's persistent glare reminded you of its power to oversee everyone's actions no matter where you were or whatever charm you placed over the conversation.

"Boys take a seat I need a word with the both of you," His entire aura reflected complete unnerving authority that would instantly crumble even the strongest of men. But to Tylon and I, he was just a growing-old father who barely had time to acknowledge his only two sons.

'That's a first," I mumbled, knowing that my father could hear. As usual, he ignored the remark and continued looking pointedly at only Tylon.

"As we have discussed before, the humans have continued to ignore my warnings to change their corrupt ways and recently I have received word that their end is near-"

"Isn't that what you wanted?" I asked, annoyed.

King Roaan, still looking only at Tylon addressed my question, "No." He sighed closing his eyes, "Their end is-" He paused opening his eyes, "Not what we had in mind."

Tylon and I continued to listen, wondering what the hell was going on.

"A certain being will be the cause of a messy destruction of mankind.". We stayed quiet wondering how this didn't benefit my father.

"The earth will be unsuitable for future use after they are all gone," Ahh. Bingo.

"I see," Tylon spoke for the first time.

"So what do we need to do?" Tylon spoke, as usual organising an instant plan of action.

"We are going to need to exterminate mankind immediately before they destroy their own planet."

I froze, I knew this was going to happen, just not so soon.

"But father that means we won-"

"Yes, that means that you will not be promised the ability to become Gods."

I was angry with the causal tone he said this with. My father promised me and Tyron, being the King of Vanmoras, that when we came of age, we would be rebirthed as Gods, helping rule other worlds like ours for eternity. It was our dream. It was our only purpose.

"What the f-"

"You will be mortal beings that will help rule the new civilization of supernatural beings that reside in Vanmoras currently- That I will place on earth as it is the only planet that can be inhabited by our kind at the moment."

"Father, isn't there anyone else that can help rule earth? Surely, Jaco-"

"Absolutely not. Jacob, though he is reliable and worthy-" He spared an accusing look at myself. I scowled in response.

"Your cousin is not fit to rule as you two are. This is my final decision. Listen for my call when I am ready to discuss further instructions." The essence of finality in this last statement stopped Tyron and I from arguing further. It was done. Our childhood bred dreams of becoming Gods, ruling our thriving worlds alongside our father was diminished in a single five-minute conversation. Yeah, just like that.