Unfinished

Annabeth had come a long way from San Francisco. She had just got off her flight to New Jersey when the gravity of the situation hit her. She didn't have a ride, barely any money, and a faint recollection of where the hell her apartment was. Annabeth was utterly defeated and felt as if she was in a foreign country. Everything was different from the sights, to the smells, and the sounds she could only hope everything would work out as she stepped through the sliding doors.                                                                                                                                                                                                                  She felt the harsh sting of the winter air as she exited Newark Airport in the garden state. She was completely unprepared for the colder climate that was extremely different than that of her humid home in sunny California. She was dressed in only a thin windbreaker paired with blue skinny jeans with similar clothes packed in her suitcases. The thought of suitcases reminded Annabeth of her plight at the baggage claim. The process was so disastrously difficult that she had considered never using the airline again. After nearly an hour of trying to retrieve her two travel bags, she became so frustrated that she kicked the baggage machine. That had only resulted in a bruised toe as well as a bruised ego. The smell of gasoline brought her back to her senses as she saw a troop of cabs rowling into the terminal from the direction of Manhattan. Recounting her practice back in California Annabeth rose her arm into the air with an unnecessary dramatic flourish. Soon enough a car with a faded yellow neon coating puttered over to her.                                                                                                                                                                                                          As she opened the adherent passenger door she made eye contact with the driver, a young man in his mid-twenties with crooked blue bloodshot eyes, a slightly protruding stomach, and black hair and blue eyes. Although most alarmingly he had bright red lips. He had a bright purple striped uniform with a name tag that read "Dakota". Annabeth tried to sit as far away as possible from the figure ad she handed him the 20 dollar bill.