"Ding", My phone lights up as I get a text from Ren asking if I want to go skateboard with them. I walk into the kitchen where my mom is making a strawberry kiwi smoothie.

"Mom, can I go board with Ren and Namini?", I ask as I cross my fingers, hoping she'll say yes. My mom hates that I board because she thinks it's too dangerous. It is when you aren't careful, but I'm always careful.

"Well... I guess," My mom says reluctantly, sighing.

"YES! Thanks mom!", I exclaim as I run upstairs to grab my skateboard.

"Be careful!", She calls up to me.

My room is a mess, as usual. I have clothes from basketball practice everywhere, homework cluttering my desk, sheet music around my music stand, various types of drumsticks wherever there's room to put them, pillows on the floor around my bed, and snacks and chip bags covering the floor.

"Ow!", I exclaim tripping over my snare drumsticks.

"Woof!", Barks my golden doodle, Goldilocks, lifting her head.

"It's just me Goldi," I reassure her.

After an eternity, I finally find my skateboard under some of my basketball shorts. My skateboard is yellow and has a billion Vans stickers on it with my name on underneath. I put on my black and white checkered Vans and walk to Ren's house humming a BTS song.

Ren and Namini are my best friends we are even in a band together!  I play the drums(I also play percussion in the school band, Ren plays the electric guitar, and Namini sings. We're always going to the skatepark and skateboarding together.