Willow Henry

I drug my feet across the carpet, my stomach lurching. Dad was so angry, he had his arms crossed and his face was all red. The principals hands were folded and set in front of him. "Mr. Henry, this is the 2nd time this week your daughter has gotten into trouble. I'm very concerned." The principal mumbled. I refused to listen. Mom told me never to listen to people that doubt me.

"And I'm very sorry about that Mr. Goldstone. But Willow here just lost her mom, which was also my wife." Dad sighed, unfolding his arms and wiping away his red face. I slightly smiled at Mr. Goldstone to add an extra touch. "Alright, she's off the hook this time. But next time, it's detention!" Mr. Goldstone frowned. Dad thanked him and we left. "You can't keep getting in trouble and letting me help you get out of it!" Dad yelled, opening the front seat door of our black truck.

"Sorry dad." I lied, looking out the window at my school as we drove away. "Next time, sorry won't cut it." Dad sighed. "I know you miss mom, but she died 5 months ago. It's time to reach the final stage of grief. Acceptance." I didn't listen, I remembered what mom told me. "Don't listen to people who doubt you! You can always prove them wrong." And I decided to prove dad wrong.

Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Willow Brook Henry, and I'm 13 years old. My mom died from cancer about 5 months ago, and I miss her sooooo much. She was the most amazing person. Now it's just me and my dad, all alone in our big house. All the memories of her are fading, it's torture! I get in trouble a lot at school. Apparently it's all about me losing mom. But I don't think so, I hated school from the start! I've also been losing a lot of my friends because of it.

Dad pulled up to our house, pulling the car keys out of the ignition and locking the doors behind us. Dad unlocked the front door and held it open for me. I ran in, enjoying all the energy of mom before it disappeared. I ran upstairs to my room, closing my room door behind me. I sat at my desk and drew all my feelings. I love art, it makes me happy. I was finally HOME!