not them, please..

A week passed and finally, I was back at work. When I stepped into the ward this morning, my unnies and oppas all smiled brightly at me, coming over and giving me hugs, all the while looking over at my wound and trying to decipher whether it was healed already. I had rolled my eyes and had said that a week had passed, which was what they said my time limit was until I was able to work once more. They couldn't argue, of course, so they rushed me out of the ward, saying that my little rascals missed me. 

I'm here at Jae's and Jung-hoon's room. My heart ached to see that Jae got a bit worse, his diabetic rates heightening up as he looked at me with tired, yet bright eyes. Jung-hoon was also worried for his little brother; his diabetic rates was already normal and he was allowed to leave the hospital, but Kai-oppa had told me that he didn't want to leave his little brother here, so they had agreed to let him stay for a while longer. 

" Hi, noona," Jae says with a small voice. I looked at him with soft eyes, sitting on his bed and stroking his cheek gently. " How are you, noona?"

I smiled gently. " I'm fine, Jae. I've heard you were getting a bit boo-boo for a while. Is something wrong, little rascal?"

He shook his head, but shrugged at the same time. " I feel fine, but.. I don't want to eat. I don't have the appetite." 

I frowned. " How come?"

" Because my noona hasn't been here for a while," he pouts. I chuckled gently.

" Jae-ah, even though I haven't been here for a while, you still need to eat healthy, so you can't go home to your eomma and appa and Jung-hoon-ah can go home as well. I promise to visit you when you are better and out of the hospital, but you have to promise me, that even though I might not be here for a while, you have to eat healthy to regulate your needs and sugars. Arraso?"

Jae thinks about it, then nods. I smiled at him, ruffling his hair before going over to his older brother. Jung-hoon smiles his rectangle and boxy smile at me, his eyes bright as he wraps his arms around me and placing his head against my chest.

" Someone also missed me," I chuckled, ruffling Jung-hoon's hair. He lifted his head and scoots back, nodding. 

" Of course I did, noona! You were gone for a week! How could we not miss you?" he pouts. I rolled my eyes playfully, ruffling his hair once more and grabbing his report at the end of his bed. Just as I expected, it showed that he was in good shape to go home soon. My heart warmed at the way that these two little brothers are always side by side. I found myself hoping that my kids would be like that. 

I shook my head, flushing as I thought about my own kids. Scoffing, I rolled my eyes, signing off Jung-hoon's and Jae's report. Before I left their room, I made sure they finished their homework before turning on the TV and putting on their favourite show on Netflix. I left them propped up on their beds, sipping on apple juice and watching the screen tentatively. 

I clutched my clipboard to my chest, checking the time and seeing that it was time for lunch already. I made my way to the staff room, and just before I reached the door, I bumped into Soobin-oppa, who was rounding the corner. He and I laughed and went to the staff room together. 

" Busy morning?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders as I placed my clipboard down and got my lunch out, sitting on a chair and putting my lunch box onto the table. A while later, the door opens and in came Jennie-unnie, Jisoo-unnie and Kai-oppa. They waved at us, going to grab their lunches and coming to surround the table Soobin-oppa and I were at. 

" I was with Jae and Jung-hoon most of the morning. Went for a couple of strolls to get some equipment and their lunch, but other than that, it was a pretty relaxing morning. How was everyone's morning?" I asked, eating.