Chapter One

"And here are your progress reports." My teacher Mrs. Rylan says. I went up and grabbed mine from the table then went back to my seat to read it over. One A, one B.... T-T-Two C's?! Two. Fricken. C'S! WHAT?! I've been busting my behind for two damn C's?! When the next bell rang I bolted out of homeroom to my English class. Once I was in there I sat down with my head held low. The thought of my parents faces when they see this would be horrifying. The rest of the school day was a complete blur. Just because of those C's.

The first thing I do when I get home is go upstairs, into my room and just lay my face in my pillow. After a few minutes I hear pebbles being thrown at my window. "Derrick. No!" More pebbles were thrown and I'm getting kinda ticked off. I get up and open the window to a pebble hitting my cheek and a laughing Derrick. I breathe out heavily and just glare at him.

"Derrick. Leave." He looks at me and whines "Aw come on. Please talk to me."

"Oh look, I've talk to you. Happy now?" I slam the window closed and close the blinds. "I hope you know your mom gave me a spare key!"

'God fricken- UGH! Why mother. Why?!'

"Well I quite don't give a damn!"

"What did I tell you about cursing?!"

"Just go home!" It was quiet for a good ten minutes before I heard the front door open and foots on the stairs.

'Please tell me it's my mom.'

My room door opens and I see Derrick. My weird, scruffy brown haired, blue eyed, best friend.

"Crystal what's wrong?"

"Get. Out. Now!" I tried to push him out the door, but nope. The opposite happened. He held my waist, closed the door and pinned me against the door, all in one swift movement.

"I wouldn't dare leave till you tell me what happened?"

Thinking that if I lie I could maybe hide my hiccups....

'No. You know you couldn't lie. Not even if you had to save your life. God I piss myself off.'

"Fine! You want to know so bad. Let me go and I'll show you." He let me go and I stomped my way to my book bag. I raged my way through it and found what I was looking for. I threw it on my desk and huffed my way to my bed. I sat down and pointed to it. "There. There's basically what you need to know." I said in a agitated voice. He went over to my desk and sat down. Whatever he was thinking about, was beyond me.

Derrick~
When I sit down, I see her progress report. She got two C's. Wow. This is basically her hell compared to everyone else. To be honest, I feel terrible. I probably just made her feel terrible because I pushed her to tell me. She most likely didn't want to think about it for the rest of the weekend. "I'm sorry." I didn't see her reaction, but from her voice. I know it was surprised.

"W-What? You said you're what?"

I kept my back to her. "I said that I'm sorry."

"What for?" I turn towards her.

"Well you probably wanted to forget about this. Right?" She looks at her desk, me, then the ground.

"No. It didn't matter to me." She hiccuped.

I chuckled because she tried to muffle it. "Liar."

"Okay yes. I wanted to forget about it. But it really doesn't matter anyway." I waited to see if she'd hiccup, but she didn't.

"See. Not lying."

I snicker. "I know. Well... Will you be okay?"

"Most likely. No. But that just means I have to work harder. Doesn't it?" I nod in agreement. And she sighs.

"Well. It's getting late. I'll head home." I stand and she stands. She goes over to me and hugs me tightly. She whispers to me, oh so quietly.

"Stay. Stay the night. Stay the night for me please." I hear her sniff and I feel my shirt begin to get wet. I hug her and say

"Whatever you'd like Cy. Whatever you'd like." She sniffs heavily and looks at me.

"Hey."

I look at her. "Wouldn't your girlfriend get mad at you?" We let go of each other and I wipe her tears from her face.

"What did I tell you? You come before my girlfriend and..."

She softly chuckles, smiles and says "And you come before my boyfriend." We hug again. This time. It felt like forever.

'I love you. Crystal McDaniel. I'll love you forever.'

~ Authors note~
Hello everyone! This is something new I've been working on forever, but never got the chance to post it on here. I've kinda left my other page because it has some stories that I made in middle school when I was just dabbling into the writing scene. Now I'm in high school and want to do better than what I have before. My page, BrittanyChery
If you want to see anything of those horrid stories, but thank you for reading this. So comment me any suggestion and vote this! Thank you!! Peaceskies! ✌️