Choose the Best CMMS Solutions for the Automotive Industry

One of the significant factors that render an influence over the expenses incurred by automobile manufacturers is the recall frequency. Across the decade gone by, over 50 million vehicles have been recalled across the US alone.

Recall frequency, however, is an unnecessary expense that can be prevented by slight changes in operational practices, such as the use of CMMS software.

Through the current times, automobile manufacturers are putting in their efforts to create vehicles that are more energy-efficient, smarter, safer, and cleaner. The need for higher visibility in production processes and supply chain have hence become indispensable.

The use of Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS Software) forms a basic for automotive manufacturers. CMMS software mitigates the risk factors in the automotive manufacture industry. It further streamlines and improves internal communication.

Let us take a look at the top four ways in which CMMS will benefit automotive manufacturers through preventive maintenance, automated reporting, and order tracking.

1. Work order tracking streamlines operations

The inefficiencies in the supply chain form a major hassle for automotive manufacturers. Time is of a great deal of consequence in the automotive industry. Hence, it is important to overcome the risk of costly asset downtime.

When an automotive manufacturer wants to streamline the operations, he'd rely on CMMS for tracking the work order status. CMMS acts as asset management software over here.

But from the perspective of the global supply chain, managing operations and keeping the efficient and safe and efficient working environments across plants is becoming increasingly difficult. More work orders from across locations increase response times.

In such circumstances, CMMS boosts communication with suppliers, inspectors, operators, and the maintenance teams. Corresponding real-time updates keep documentation robust and re-referrable.

2. Data-driven insights and the associated key metrics are leveraged

In any car, there are 30,000 parts. Hence, there is a chance of errors happening inside the production process. When you use CMMS, the chances of the errors taking place will be lower, because CMMS makes production effective.

So, when automotive manufacture uses CMMS, he can organize the assets. Performance at all locations will then be at benchmark levels, and CMMS also operates as Asset Tracking System/Software.

Additionally, CMMS is a maintenance database as well. Visibility spans to the entire company when CMMS is used. Email reports will be auto-generated, so key performance trends will be available for the entire team to see. Good business decisions will then be made. CMMS data will tell about the assets that need to be replaced.

3. CMMS is compliant with the maintenance database

The automotive industry is a manufacturing industry that operates on a global scale. There are many suppliers at many levels. Therefore, vehicles are always produced under strict guidelines.

CMMS also acts as a tool that will help automotive manufacturers prove that they comply with the regulations for import and safety. One such standard is IATF 16949:2016. This standard is an ISO technical standard that is developing a quality management system.

The QMS will bring continuous improvement to your enterprise. Hence the waste reduces and defects are prevented.

In this case, the CMMS will act as an internal database. It will meet outside regulation, and it will safeguard the assets as well. Preventive maintenance schedules will also be generated by CMMS. So, assets will last longer. Efficiency, performance, and uptimes will improve.

4. Prevention before occurrence for asset breakdown

Downtimes are disastrous for the automotive industry as budgets go out of control. Technician's work is enhanced and inventory orders are required in emergency situations.

Emergency breakdown repairs take up as much as 90% of the time of automotive manufacturers. Such situations can be improved when the preventive maintenance (PM) schedule is in place. This reduces replacement costs and the regularly used equipment lasts longer.

Promaint is the finest CMMS (Maintenance Management) & Enterprise Asset Management Software in the market through current times. Their in-depth industry knowledge empowers them to create the best-suited CMMS for your organization.

Among the top features of Promaint are tracking, managing, and scheduling services. Similarly, Promaint CMMS keeps you informed in advance regarding the status of your assets. Promaint CMMS hence acts as the catalyst for your success story. 

Visit:- https://promaintcmms.com/blog/2019/12/31/6-signs-that-shows-its-time-to-purchase-a-new-cmms-software/