00

Nervously, Selene approached Caroline, her heart racing, anxiety creeping through her body

Nervously, Selene approached Caroline, her heart racing, anxiety creeping through her body. Her palms were clammy, and a knot tightened in her stomach. "Caroline, there's something I need to share with you," she began, her voice hesitant and shaky as she braced herself for the whirlwind of emotions that was sure to follow.

Caroline's face immediately filled with concern. Her eyebrows knitted together, and she leaned forward, her voice laced with urgency. "What's wrong? Are you okay? Did Klaus do something? I swear, if he hurt you, I'm going to kill him," she rambled, her emotions spilling over before Selene had a chance to continue.

Selene raised a hand, trying to halt the flood of words. "No, no, he didn't do anything," she reassured, her voice quieter now, but with a weight to it that made Caroline fall silent. Selene took a deep breath, her heart pounding in her chest, before finally saying, "I have to tell you something. I'm pregnant... and it's Klaus'. I'm terrified, Caroline. I don't know how he's going to react."

Caroline's expression shifted from shock to unreadable silence as she processed the news. The pause felt like an eternity until suddenly, her face lit up in excitement. She let out a high-pitched squeal, practically vibrating with happiness. "OMG, OMG, OMG, I'm going to be an aunt! This is amazing!" She clapped her hands together and bounced on her feet. "Selene, this is incredible! I'm so happy for you!"

Selene chuckled softly, though her nerves hadn't completely subsided. "Okay, Caroline, calm down," she said, a small smile breaking through her worried demeanor. "I still have to tell Nik."

Caroline's eyes widened even more. "Well, what are you waiting for? Go! Hurry up so we can tell everyone! This is huge!" Her enthusiasm was infectious, but Selene couldn't shake the nerves gnawing at her.

With a final glance at her sister, Selene left the house and headed to the Mikaelson mansion, her mind racing.

The towering mansion loomed before her, its intimidating presence amplifying the weight of what she was about to do. Steeling herself, Selene knocked on the massive door, her heart hammering in her chest. After a moment, the door creaked open, revealing Rebekah, who stood there with a tense, almost nervous look in her eyes.

"What are you doing here, Selene?" Rebekah asked, her voice uncharacteristically uneasy.

"I need to talk to Nik. It's important," Selene replied, attempting to step inside, but Rebekah quickly blocked her path, her expression growing more anxious.

"I don't think you should go up there right now," Rebekah said, her warning clear in her tone.

Ignoring her unease, Selene pushed past her, determination overcoming her fear. "I have to," she muttered under her breath, her steps quickening as she made her way upstairs. As she reached the top, however, her world came crashing down around her.

There, in front of her, was Klaus, entangled with none other than Hayley Marshall. The sight of them together was a gut-wrenching blow, and tears welled in Selene's eyes, stinging her vision. Her breath caught in her throat as she forced herself to speak.

"Well, this is something," she whispered, her voice thick with heartbreak. She reached for the ring on her finger, slipping it off and holding it out in front of her, her hand trembling. "Why?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper, the pain raw and exposed.

Klaus looked at her, his expression cold and indifferent. "I don't have to explain myself to you," he said flatly before turning his back on her and walking into the bathroom, leaving her standing there, shattered.

Selene didn't cry. She couldn't. She was too numb. With a deep breath, she turned and walked out of the mansion, her face emotionless despite the storm raging inside her.

Back at home, Caroline was waiting anxiously, pacing the floor. The moment Selene walked in, Caroline could see it on her face—something had gone terribly wrong.

Without needing to be asked, Selene collapsed onto the couch, her voice trembling as she recounted everything. "I found him with Hayley. He didn't even care enough to explain... just walked away like I meant nothing."

Caroline immediately pulled her into a tight hug, stroking her hair and whispering words of comfort. "It's okay, Selene. You're strong. We'll get through this, just like we always do. I'm here for you, no matter what. You don't have to go through this alone."

Selene nodded, grateful for her sister's unwavering support, but the ache in her heart was overwhelming. She had no idea how she would face the future—how she would tell Klaus about the baby now—but at least she wasn't facing it alone.

AN
——
qotd: who is your favorite character in tvd?