001

Ric stepped into her office, finding her focused intently on her sleek laptop at the glass desk

Ric stepped into her office, finding her focused intently on her sleek laptop at the glass desk. The light from the screen reflected off the walls as she worked. He casually leaned against the doorframe and asked, "Hey, I just wanted to see if you wanted to get lunch."

She broke her concentration and smiled, looking up. "Yeah, let's go," she replied, reaching for her leather purse and car keys resting on the table.

As they headed towards the elevator, Ric glanced at her with a playful grin. "Whose car are we taking?" Without missing a beat, she smirked and said, "Mine, duh."

Ric rolled his eyes, chuckling. They walked out to the parking lot, where her Audi R8 awaited them, its sleek metallic black body shimmering in the sunlight. The car, her dream come true, wasn't just any vehicle—it was a meaningful gift from someone special. She unlocked it with the press of a button, and they both slid into the plush leather seats, ready for the drive.

After an exhilarating ride, Ric stumbled out of the car, still catching his breath. "You're never driving with me in the car ever again," he declared, gripping the door for support.

She laughed as she locked the car and tossed the keys into her purse. "Ric, don't say things you don't mean," she teased while they made their way toward the entrance of the Grill, the warm smell of grilled food wafting through the air.

Inside, Ric looked at her with a more serious expression. "Have you talked to the twins?"

She raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Which ones? Because, you know, there are two sets of twins now."

He blinked, realizing his mistake, then let out a laugh. "Right, I forgot there's more than one set. But I meant Lizzy and Josie."

She nodded, still grinning. "I talked to them yesterday. They're doing fine, just busy with school."

After their meal, as they were about to leave, two familiar figures, Freya and Davina, approached them. "We were hoping to ask a few things about the school," Freya said, her tone friendly but inquisitive.

They exchanged information about the school, sharing a few details before Freya and Davina thanked them and left.

As they walked away, Davina turned to Freya. "Was that her?" Freya nodded, still a bit surprised. "I think so. She looks exactly like the paintings he drew."

Davina's eyes lit up with excitement. "He's going to freak when we tell him," she said, grinning.

Later that evening, they returned to the Mikaelson compound. The living room was filled with the usual buzz of family life. Elijah and Hayley were nestled together on one side of the couch, while Hope and Rebekah sat in the middle, watching TV. Across from them, Klaus and Kol were absorbed in their books, creating a peaceful atmosphere.

As Davina and Freya entered the room, excitement radiating from them, Davina announced, "You wouldn't believe who we just saw at the Grill today."

Rebekah looked up, intrigued. "Who did you see?"