i

Jessica's POV

I opened my eyes when I heard someone called my name, "Jessica, wake up." Said the man sitting beside me, then  smiled. "Coffee?" He offered me a canned coffee, and I started sipping. "Yeah, thanks." I replied and smile towards him. I took a sip, the coffee is warm, warm enough for an empty stomach, I looked around the bus, It seems like everyone inside the bus is already awake. I looked at him and asked "Did you sleep well?". "Yeah, I did" he replied, then smiled. I open the curtain beside me, the sun is already rising I looked at my wrist watch and it's already 6:18 am. As we arrive in the bus terminal, I saw a sign that  welcomes tourists to Ilocos Norte. I can't help myself from smiling, after 10 hours of travelling from Manila to Ilocos Norte. Now, here I am with someone I just met, I glanced at him, maybe I'll just go with. . Nah, forget him, I told myself. Go all by yourself. Stand on your own.

Flashback

"Miss! You dropped this." I looked at the man, holding a paper, it's my itinerary. I walk towards him and I said, "thanks." Before he could place the itinerary in my hand. He smiled, and asked "Can I go with you? Im going to that place and Im travelling alone." I studied the expression in his face, I can say that's he's alone but, Is It safe to go with someone you just met? I want to go alone, I planned this trip alone. So, looked at him and say "I'm sorry, but you can't. I want to go alone in this trip." I looked at him I can say that he's sad.

When the bus arrived in the station, I walked and passed him. I entered the bus, I sat in the 2nd row right wing of the bus. Here he comes sitting beside me. He didn't even ask a permission if he can sit beside me. This man, is really so persistent to the point that he don't know the two words: give up. I just looked away, and waited patiently for the bus to depart. Soon the bus left the station,  After few minutes he started talking to me, I just listen and nod everytime. He's so talkative for a man, usually girls do the talk, but this man is really different.  After an hour, I can feel my eyelids is starting to drop, maybe because i was so tired and stress. Stress of different events that happened to me in just single day. There's a moment when he ask my name and I told him  "Im Jessica." I just remember he gave me his name to me but i didn't hear it clearly, because I past out or I fell asleep.

End Of flashback

"Did you know you slept like baby?" When I heard his voice, It reminds me the fact that, I'm stuck  with him. "Oh, I'm just so tired." So I slept, while he's still talking and not past out. When i finished drinking my coffee.I kept the coffee cup in my bag. He grab my right hand and held It tight, I was shocked that I didn't know what to do. "If you'll let me go with you, you won't have to go alone. I promise I'll be good, I swear to God." he said. "Okay -" before I can  finished, he interrupted me. And said the word "Yes!" loud enough that all people inside can hear his voice. Everyone looked at us, he let go of my right hand, and quickly stood up and apologizes to them. He sat down and look at me. I chuckled, "H-hey, what's wrong?" he asked nervously. "You're neck." "Ah." His neck turns pink to pink when he's embarrassed, he really found himself embarrassed with his own actions.

After few minutes, we arrived in the bus station. We all took the our first step, in Ilocos Norte.

I felt really relieved that after a long trip we all came safe to Ilocos.

When he came down from the bus. He's wearing a black jacket.  And a blue backpack. He pat my shoulder, and whispered to my ears, "You have to change your plans now that you're not going alone." "Yeah."

He walks towards the exit. He shouted "Are you coming? " I smiled and ran to him.

Authors note:

Thank you for reading. Comments are greatly appreciated.

Good bless ∩__∩